• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pool Workout

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
pool workout basics

I have a suggestion for pool training:

the idea is to do a cycle workout, this means increasing progressively as you reach your peak, then mantain a plateau and then decrease intensity. this is a cycle that can be repeated every 3-3 months. basically is something like this:

can be done 4-5 times x week. 1 and a half to 2 hours:

1. pranayama exercises for 15 to 20 min (puraka - kumbaka - rechaka, this means inhaling - retaining - exhaling) on a 1:1:2 ratio, after a while you can do 1:1:4 or 1:2:8.

2. stretching: upper and lower body. 15 min

3. Tubaric exercises: for 5 min. can try different methods, frentzel technique, BTV, etc. press the tip of your tongue against your soft palate, open and close your mouth, bring your lower jaw forward, touch your nose with the tip of your tongue, stick your tongue out and move it sideways. all theses exercises improve your tubaric function thus helping to equalize easier. especially recommended when training in cold water. not necessary for pool training but is a good idea to get used to them when you are going to practice deep dives.

4. lap repetitions:

a. swimm for 10 minutes freestyle
b. swimm for 10 minutes with fins and snorkel at surface
c. interval apneas
- 10 reps 25 mts each dynamic apnea at the bottom with 45 sec rest in between
- 10 reps 25 mts each dynamic apnea exhaling as you perform the exercise (the idea is to exhale troughout the whole exercise) 45 sec rest in between
- 10 reps 25 mts maximum velocity dynamic apnea at the surface with 1:00 min rest in between
- 10 reps 25 mts maximum velocity dynamic apnea at the bottom with 1:00 min rest in between
- 5 reps 40-50 mts dynamic apneas at bottom normal pace. 1:00 min rest in between

as you perform these exercises you will improve your CO2 tolerance so you can increase distance first (from 25 to 30-40 mts) and then decrease rest time (from 45 to 30 sec). you can also combine exercises. for example try doing the dynamic laps without fins.

hope this helps,
What does MTS stand for?

What does MTS stand for?

Meters.

Some great ideas here by the way. Three weeks ago, I tried to do 25 meter laps underwater with fins with 30 seconds of breathing between them. I did 6 laps and that was enough! In the last two laps, I started finning faster towards the end, something I should not do - should remain calm and at an even pace. Anyway, I couldn't have done half a lap more, I was exhausted, panting, and my heart was out of my chest. :)
I have done 10 x 25m with an eternity of breathing between them (one minute, that is) in the past, so, maybe I could try 45 or 50 seconds of rest. I'll try that tomorrow.

As for dry training you can do walks: yesterday, I did 6 x 1 minute apnea walks with 30 seconds of rest between them and I could have done more. I felt good and contractions didn't bother me at all. Time to translate that to dynamic with fins underwater...

Last edited:
Hi folks! Here is the link to freediving exercises in the pool developed by Natalya Molchanova. It's in Russian but you will catch the idea of the training from the picture.

Cheers,
Georgy

通过我的 LG-H818 上的 Tapatalk发言

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT