• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Problem Suunto Stinger

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

beaufils_e

Apr 14, 2004
Hi there,

I just bought a suunto stinger few months ago, and when I finish each dives, the ACW (Water contact) stays ON for a long time 3-4 Hours...I guess it will use a lot of battery...
Meanwhile my friends' suunto switch off the AWC in 5 or 10 Minutes...

What about yours? DO you think it is normal.?? DO you have the same problem?

Thanks so lot for your reply,

I've had that problem with a D3, but I didn't have that problem with my Stinger.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Hi Thanks,

What did you do with your D3? Because I sent it for repaired, but it is still now doing the same...ACW around 3 hours to switch off?

And your stinger few minutes,??

Emmanuel
Vietnam

I had the same problem with my Vyper. It was all down to a tiny bit of salt corrosion on the contacts. I just used an electric toothbrush to clean it off, then after a dive I use an airgun on my LP inflator to blow any water out of the recess where the contacts sit. This seems to do the trick.

Stinger Log mode

hi i just went down with my stinger which i used it for the first time.

after two dives on the first day i can access the log menu and can see the
two dives i had. the next day we dove 2 times again after that i cant
access my log menu anymore (nothing happens when i press the S on the
MENU portion). on the settings i cant even set the dive alarm anymore.
cant get to EAN and freedive mode too. what is wrong with it? im getting frustrated.

pls help thanks a lot

my stinger is ok now. i just dipped it in our pool to let the computer run but now 3 out of 4 of my logs are gone! DAMN!

Last edited: