• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Problem Suunto Stinger

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

beaufils_e

Apr 14, 2004
Hi there,

I just bought a suunto stinger few months ago, and when I finish each dives, the ACW (Water contact) stays ON for a long time 3-4 Hours...I guess it will use a lot of battery...
Meanwhile my friends' suunto switch off the AWC in 5 or 10 Minutes...

What about yours? DO you think it is normal.?? DO you have the same problem?

Thanks so lot for your reply,

I've had that problem with a D3, but I didn't have that problem with my Stinger.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Hi Thanks,

What did you do with your D3? Because I sent it for repaired, but it is still now doing the same...ACW around 3 hours to switch off?

And your stinger few minutes,??

Emmanuel
Vietnam

I had the same problem with my Vyper. It was all down to a tiny bit of salt corrosion on the contacts. I just used an electric toothbrush to clean it off, then after a dive I use an airgun on my LP inflator to blow any water out of the recess where the contacts sit. This seems to do the trick.

Stinger Log mode

hi i just went down with my stinger which i used it for the first time.

after two dives on the first day i can access the log menu and can see the
two dives i had. the next day we dove 2 times again after that i cant
access my log menu anymore (nothing happens when i press the S on the
MENU portion). on the settings i cant even set the dive alarm anymore.
cant get to EAN and freedive mode too. what is wrong with it? im getting frustrated.

pls help thanks a lot

my stinger is ok now. i just dipped it in our pool to let the computer run but now 3 out of 4 of my logs are gone! DAMN!

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT