• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question about 7mm suit tightness

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I tried the medium 7mm again today. I think the tightness didn't bother my head as much and I'm able to get around, but I'm still restricted breathing. I get a slight anxiety even cause I have the sensation of having to fight to breath. Not good. I'd rather have a large that's a little loose until I gain my weight back than worry about drowning lol.

You seem to be trying very hard to talk yourself into keeping the very bad fitting suit. The suit based on your description is probably 1 or 2 sizes too small on you. Get a better fitting suit that doesn't restrict your breathing at all. It should be "snug" but "comfortable" without pain or breathing difficulties. You should try different sizes and different models/brands. Get what fits and is comfortable. Don't feel bad or guilty about returning the very bad fitting suit.

Reactions: Leander
You seem to be trying very hard to talk yourself into keeping the very bad fitting suit. The suit based on your description is probably 1 or 2 sizes too small on you. Get a better fitting suit that doesn't restrict your breathing at all. It should be "snug" but "comfortable" without pain or breathing difficulties. You should try different sizes and different models/brands. Get what fits and is comfortable. Don't feel bad or guilty about returning the very bad fitting suit.
Nah you're right it was definitely too small. I never felt bad about returning it but because I took it in the water, put a pee tube on it, and I do fall in the weight category for it I don't feel I can force the guy to give me all my money back. He said he'd sell it for 2/3 of the price on his FB page (which he said he'll share so I can monitor it) and take that amount off the new suit I get.

Last time I went to the shop the guy's doubt rubbed off on me so I agreed to borrow his large and try each one again, which I did. Yesterday the tightness made the decision pretty clear for me. I know I'm underweight right now and the medium is still too small. The minor looseness of the large is the same looseness as my 3mm (which wasn't even loose a couple months ago). Tomorrow I'm going to get a large...

I would try different brands but I'm in a backwater area with travel restricted for who knows how long, so I can't try much or risk ordering blindly. I also won't wait cause diving (even if I can't bring the gun) has been my obsession since August.

And good luck to you. There is nothing worse than a bad fitting suit in diving, I know that very well. I am a very difficult guy to fit and hate to dive with a suit that restricts my breathing or any part of my body.

Reactions: Homerkp
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT