• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Recommend me a watch for spearing and depth

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Fat Larry

Nov 5, 2013
Is there a watch out that shows surface interval time as well as all the usual stuff required for free diving?

Im looking for my first computer at the moment and am not sure where to start, i've read a few things here and there and it seems that a lot of free diving and dive watches have a lot of issues or lack features.

Thanks in advance.

Here's a suggestion... A very popular and reliable "watch"..

http://www.makospearguns.com/Aeris-F11-Freedive-Watch-p/maerisf11.htm

MAERISF11-2T.jpg

Look for Swimovate watch on Proswimwear store. I have two of the: Poolmate Pro and Poolmate 2. They have been serving me for two years so far, and I have never had any issues at all

I have an Aeris/Oceanic F10 V3 which I am very happy with. You can't go wrong with it especially for the price. A friend has the F11. He had some issues with it but since the last firmware update he's very happy with it. I've had a look at the Mares Smart Apnea but I don't like the bi-color orange/grey/black thing. It would be cool in all black.

does anybody know anything about Citizen's Aqualand dive watch? Apparently it has depth meter, surface interval and log memory of 20 dives. Water temp etc. Not real dive'puter but rather diving watch.

Even I want to know about it...
I just bought Citizen Promaster Aqualand Duplex watch. Apparently they are discontinued and hard to find. If interested look up "dutyfreeislandshop" dot com. Pretty much all similar models sold out and no longer available. My price shipped to Canada was 190USD. This is a good score in my opinion. How good this watch will turn out to be is still a question. But, stainless case (as opposite to Casio SPF-60's polymer case), analog hands and digital displays, fully functional bezel, depth meter, temp display, some kind of dive log... Will see how it turns out. I loved my Casio SPF 60, it lived through good 6 years of spearfishing and travel.

A mate of mine has the F10 and loves it, after purchasing carbon fins which I must say is like putting an extra 6inches on your penis...
A watch is next on the agenda, my friend dived with the f10, I've toyed with the d4inovo as well as the cressi drake.

The f10 does pretty much all I need and is cheapest as well as having my friend to answer questions.

All the best and I hope it helps.

Hello guys, I don't want to open new thread so I'll ask here.

Can you help me decide which watch should I take Oceanic F11/(Aeris F11) or Cressi Drake?

I'll be using watch for pool training most as well in the sea during the summer. Price is not a problem, I'm just wondering which one is better:

Cressi Drake: https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/cressi-drake-titanium/135967333/p?q=cressi drake
Oceanic F11: https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/oceanic-f11/135960754/p?q=oceanic

I wanted Oceanic F11 so much, but when I saw Cressi Drake now I can't decide. :whistle:

Thanks in advance for your replies. :)

Even I want to know about it...

ok since now I have it, I can give some input. There is no manual dive mode switching on or off. So you cannot time each individual dive, dive times will be accumulated to show total time under water for the whole session. And there is no surface interval of course, as each dive is a continuation of a previous dive. Screen has no backlight, and indiglo is dim and hands painted with only one spot each, so it is useless in low light, like having no watch at all. Learn from my mistake and look for something else. Pro's for this watch is that it look cool, it has analog hands and bezel, and water temperature.

I was trying to work around the problems by using bezel for dive times and surface intervals, which is not fun at all. Especially when you have fish thrashing on the end of the line. In the end, for us spearos and freedivers, it is just a watch with depth meter, for the price of cheaper dive computer.

Hello guys, I don't want to open new thread so I'll ask here.

Can you help me decide which watch should I take Oceanic F11/(Aeris F11) or Cressi Drake?

I'll be using watch for pool training most as well in the sea during the summer. Price is not a problem, I'm just wondering which one is better:

Cressi Drake: https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/cressi-drake-titanium/135967333/p?q=cressi drake
Oceanic F11: https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/oceanic-f11/135960754/p?q=oceanic

I wanted Oceanic F11 so much, but when I saw Cressi Drake now I can't decide. :whistle:

Thanks in advance for your replies. :)

I'm also very interested in hearing opinions on this!

I am planning to buy omerup x1r. It has pulse function too.
I owned Omer UP-X1R. It only worked once and most of the time it spent was being shipped around the around for warranty. The problems it had was :
1-intermittently reset itself
2- wont activate dive mode and wasted my 1000km dive trip.
3- Battery indicator wont show correct reading
4- you need to recharge about every month.
5- HR monitor was fine.

Mares Smart Apnea all the way. If you are a freediver/spearo looking for a watch that focuses on our needs ONLY then mares has just that. Sample rate of .5 seconds. Shows you all pertinent info while on your dive and loads of info on surfacing. Up to 6 alarms for depth and you can change the battery on your own. Simple, easy, great company, and looks good on the wrist even when out of the water.

I was looking at purchasing a new dive watch too, and given that my Apple Watch has such a good heart rate monitor I wanted a decent HRM built into a freedive watch/computer... not a chest strap that will move or be uncomfortable under a suit...

I'm very tempted by the f10 or Cressi Drake as they offer good value for money but would happily pay a lot more if there was a decent HRM built in too!

Does such a dive watch exist!????

I was looking at purchasing a new dive watch too, and given that my Apple Watch has such a good heart rate monitor I wanted a decent HRM built into a freedive watch/computer... not a chest strap that will move or be uncomfortable under a suit...

I'm very tempted by the f10 or Cressi Drake as they offer good value for money but would happily pay a lot more if there was a decent HRM built in too!

Does such a dive watch exist!????

Same here, been on the look out for a drake for weeks now, since it seems to be one of the best fd watches.
And while doing that I started wondering why there is just one computer that at least tries to go into the direction all gadgets do: interconnectivity with android and iOS (propietary cables and interfaces that are not included and costly but necessary to use the full functionality of this high end device I bought for hundreds of money units? Welcome to the 90's!), a decent display (still monochrome with blue backlight, srsly?!), wristworn HRM (think fitness bracelet, worn separately under the suit connecting to the watch).

I mean I get the whole "simple is good, necessary information only" vibe, but could someone at least try to build a freediving computer for the 21st century (that preferably does not look like an iPhone straddled on my wrist)? /rant

Anyways, looks like I'll be shelling out for a drake and wait another 5-10 years for some decent miniaturisation and design work to happen. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: HoneyBadger
Same here, been on the look out for a drake for weeks now, since it seems to be one of the best fd watches.
And while doing that I started wondering why there is just one computer that at least tries to go into the direction all gadgets do: interconnectivity with android and iOS (propietary cables and interfaces that are not included and costly but necessary to use the full functionality of this high end device I bought for hundreds of money units? Welcome to the 90's!), a decent display (still monochrome with blue backlight, srsly?!), wristworn HRM (think fitness bracelet, worn separately under the suit connecting to the watch).

I mean I get the whole "simple is good, necessary information only" vibe, but could someone at least try to build a freediving computer for the 21st century (that preferably does not look like an iPhone straddled on my wrist)? /rant

Anyways, looks like I'll be shelling out for a drake and wait another 5-10 years for some decent miniaturisation and design work to happen. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just got my Credit Drake. Not tested yet. But looks promising. I got it after receiving a refund from diveinn.com for a dysfunctional Omer UP-X1R.

Attachments

• 1498143124565-606961245.jpg
    1498143124565-606961245.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 232
Reactions: Tim B.
Just got my Credit Drake. Not tested yet. But looks promising. I got it after receiving a refund from diveinn.com for a dysfunctional Omer UP-X1R.
Nice!
Mine should arrive next week from amazon.it.

Until then I will guess the depth by the negative pressure in my chest.

btw
Has anyone have a defective Drake?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT