• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Records

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dynamic Apnea Record? (without fins)

• 0-25 M

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • 25-50 M

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • 50-75 M

Votes: 39 36.8%
  • 75- 100 M

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • 100-125 M

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • 125-150 M

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • 150-175 M

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Yes, it has been a very interesting discussion. Unfortunatly I have not been able to get into the pool for more than two weeks now, and before that it was only on an intermittent basis. So much other daily stuff to deal with.

Does anyone else get as far as Bevan (12,5 meters) from the push off btw? I was quite impressed with that.

Bevan - where are you going in the Red? I am coming to Coral Bay (Sharm el Sheikh) for a week in May to catch up with Pelo.
Off to the redsea tomorrow for 7 months of R&R.
- jeepers what a break!

Tried measuring just the push yesterday and got to 11 meters. Still haven't found my neckweights though and reckon I might get an extra meter with those:)

I'll be in Dahab Will. Try make it over, or drop me a line if you cant cause I might have to head to Sharm for visa reasons sometimes. cheers for now
Bevan

I suspect that the key to distance when pushing off is the amount of weight you are wearing - the heavier you are, the further you glide. Using the same neck weight as Bevan, I was able to complete a comparable push off distance of around 12m. With no weight, went about 9m, so Will you should be able to get close to 15 if heavily wieghted. Would assume that this will hold for stroke distance as well.

Was experimenting this morning with a double dolphin kick in DNF. In other words, push off from the wall, arm stroke, glide, breathstroke kick, glide, dolphin kick, glide and then another dolphin kick in correlation with the arm stroke. Using this technique I was able to complete 25m using three arm strokes, whereas before, using one dolphin kick I was doing it in around five. Bevan, may be worth incorporating this extra dolphin kick in correlation with your arm stroke. The trick is to allow you feet to drift slightly upwards after the breathstroke kick, and then to flex your whole body as you execute the arm stroke, not unlike a monofin action.

greetýng from a dodgy port town ýn Turkey. startýng a 5 day trek to Dahab. have had an epýc týme here wýth Rudi and Yasemýn. been dývýng wýth Topi aswell. the guys a machýne, so fast!
apparently that výdeo of myself doýng dnf(the 150 wýth bad style, not the 25 ýn 2 strokes) ýs up on www.freediving.co.za for those ýnterested. cheers for now
bevan

Reactions: DeepThought
I cound't see your video

Oh man I couldn't see you video Bevan- the data is invalid ,,, well I will try somewhere else

Daniel.

Re: I cound't see your video

Originally posted by neshamah
Oh man I couldn't see you video Bevan- the data is invalid ,,, well I will try somewhere else

Daniel.

I experienced troubles when playing it in media player, but if you open it in Divx, it will play(no sound) Its an amazing performance, i have never seen anything like it, except this: In this video Stig Aavall Severinsen swims 166 meter dynamic w/o fins take a look:
http://www.planetfreedive.dk/World Record 166 meter 256kbWM9.wmv (8,5 mb)
http://www.planetfreedive.dk/WR 166 3,2mb.wmv (3 mb)

http://www.planetfreedive.dk/WR 166 1,9mb.wmv (2 mb)

Enjoy

Reactions: thud
http://www.apneablue.com/videos/
for the correct links to the david lee videos.

regarding codecs: i have a vanilla windows xp install, and have had all the required codecs to play everything linked here.

some of these .wmv's may be using the windows media player 9 codec - windowsupdate.microsoft.com and check under windows updates, see whether the standalone codec patch update is available for you - if it is, install it.

Reactions: thud
Hi,
my PB: 50 meter (in a 25 meter pool). Around 9 (yes, nine!!) strokes per lap. I remember (Adrian was my buddy) having a long, relaxed
rest (around... 4 minutes or so) before the max,
and around 1 hour after all the intervals we were doing. This season I'm going after 75 meter, by the moment, just doing 25m CO2 tables.
BTW, What are your lap paces when doing dynamic w/o fins?

Cheers,

Oscar

Originally posted by BlueIcarus
Hi,
my PB: 50 meter (in a 25 meter pool). Around 9 (yes, nine!!) strokes per lap. I remember (Adrian was my buddy) having a long, relaxed
rest (around... 4 minutes or so) before the max,
and around 1 hour after all the intervals we were doing. This season I'm going after 75 meter, by the moment, just doing 25m CO2 tables.

Oscar

My record is also 50 meters, and im going for 75 this season.. I probably use 8 or 9 strokes too, and train 25 meter CO2 tables.. Damn, dont tell me your age is 17 too:p

What i dont understand is how some people manage to use only 4 or 5 strokes. (@ Kars 100m dynamic, he use 5)

hi

When I started practicing dinamic not fins seriously- I did 9 and with a few more training did to 8 and then 6 and 5 stroke for 25 meters-I had to work a lot with my body position-and with my breastroke-
___

now for the guy that say that how they can to 5 stroke in 25 m

well - they combine this with dolphin kick

Daniel.

Last edited:
hi

I foget the push out from the wall is very important when counting the stroke you make for the 25 meters

Well My record for 25m is 4,5 stokes+ one push off.

With a good push off one can win much.

Like one will see on my video, my stroke is not perfect, and I made a lot of mistakes during this 100m dive, like touching bottom, and almost touching, forcing me to make a broad stroke instead of a more efficient narrow one.
And Neshamah I do not use a dolphin kick, mine is not efficent yet. But I'm working on that!

I use also a 2,5KG neckweight and that mass helps also very much in the gliding. Opposed to no lead it differs, I think, 1-2 stokes.

It's difficult to put me in a catagorie, having a PR of 100m it's right in between ;)

Ciao, Kars

hi

Hi Kars.. you mean you do 4 stroke in 25 m with not using your dolphin kick?

for me doing 4 or 5 stroke in 25 m I do that using the dolphin at the same time Im do my breastroke - and then I do the frog-

Hi, i dont use a neckweight, but i do use dolphin kick.. Not too efficient yet, but i manage 7 strokes on 25.. I thin k it will improve.. But, what is best? Slow powerful stroke, or many fast ones?

Kingohyes, it depents I think.

I think it's key to keep a constant speed.
Acceleration cost the most energy.
Therefor a good posture, helps much and allows for some floating after a stroke.
Lead gives one extra mass, that helps maintaining speed while floating. Lead gives also a better posture. Lead allows also for bigger airintake in the start. Lead balances also to give one a better posture.

A plea for neckwight? I quess it is.
Be carefull with packing and the breaststroke tough, can cause nasty an dangerous injuries.

Chears!

Kars

Be careful when packing though.
Nasty and dangerous injuries are not the only possibility. I once witnessed long packing leading to a blackout. Scary sight that could have lead to much worse things than an injury. :duh zzz Shows that a safety is even necessary during (long) packing.

Lead is good though for streamlining, can shave several seconds off of a 50 meter apnea swim time or reduces the effort needed.

I have the feeling that dolphin kick is good for speed but not for long distance (dynamic). I found more efficient this kind of kick for UCB than for dynamic.
When I use dolphin kick I can make 25m with 3 breast strokes, but it's quite difficult to go beyond 60meters.
When I'm going for a PB don't make the dolphin kick, so I only use it for training purposes.
For 25 m in 3 breast strokes, I glide after every movement i.e: breastroke, glide; frog kick, glide; dolphin kick, glide. With this combination once I made the 25 m with 2.5 breast stroke.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT