• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sardinia spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Azapa,
if you go back to north Sardinia - Isola Rossa, remember to visit Vignola and Saragosa rock.

Mauro, i know vignola beach, but can you tell me where is saragosa rock?

Of course, Jonny,
the "Secca di Saragosa":

saragosa.jpg

This picture is taken from Vignola to Monte Russu, after, more left, Capo Testa.

Reactions: Jonny250
Thanks Mauro :) wow great to have a local spearo online! i'd be very grateful for any more advice or suggestions..
Is there a good map that you can suggest using - we struggled last year using the 'tourist' maps which just didnt have any of the useful smaller roads on them. Might resort to print-outs from google earth lol.

Use GPS, on land and at sea. Also I am available for the indications. I live in southwest Sardinia. Old (and closed) mines, sun, wind, sea. Perahps the most savage of Sardinia.

Gutturu e Flumini (Canyon River)

calatabianca.jpg

Oristano Gulf (from south to north)

frasca.jpg

S'Aschivioni (Slave Point)

saschivioni.jpg

Sant'Antonio Mine

santantonio.jpg

Reactions: azapa
Looks amazing Mauro - is that your boat?
I like your 'sardinian' flag too lol :)

i've just bought a 'learn italian' cd which i play in the car, so watch out Sardegna:
gli inglesi stanno venendo :D

also found a good road map - part of the 'touring club italiano'; map 15 in case anyone else is interested...

is that your boat?
Yes Jonny, is my rib.

gli inglesi stanno venendo

A small correction:
gli inglesi stanno arrivando

The "venire" verb they curretly use to indicate a sex orgasm!!!
Ah, libertine.

Nice boat Mauro! How is spearing in the South? Very deep and small fish? Post some of your fish for us to see ;)

The mine: the Italians even make great looking mine buildings!

Nice boat Mauro! Thanks
Very deep and small fish? You are very close
groupery.jpg

The mine: the Italians even make great looking mine buildings!
My family: three generations of mine workers

Hi Foxfish, I'm a office worker (Service manager of business organization and staff training), my company is called IGEA SpA, we're operators of environment restorage.
The last lead & zinc sardinian mine (Masua - Iglesias) is closed in the 1997, today just sightseing. When needed I do the guide in the Montevecchio Mine - Anglosarda tunnel.
anglosarda.jpg

Thanks but can you tell me more, do the shafts date back a long time & how were they dug, what depth & why are they not worked anymore.
Sorry for all the questions, I have an interest in old mine works.

Thanks but can you tell me more, do the shafts date back a long time & how were they dug, what depth & why are they not worked anymore.
Sorry for all the questions, I have an interest in old mine works.

Ok Foxfish, I can give you all the infomation but I need a long to write in English, sorry.

Hi Mauro (or anyone else), i read that it is possible to snorkel over ancient Roman ruins/columns off the shore from Capo testa - NE corner - do you have any more info on this? any idea which area they are in?
2 weeks and counting...

Like in James Bond ?! What's that film where he stashes an oxygen bottle in some aquatic ruins then uses it after being used as trolling bait ? Some beautiful bird involved too...

Hi Mauro (or anyone else), i read that it is possible to snorkel over ancient Roman ruins/columns off the shore from Capo testa - NE corner - do you have any more info on this? any idea which area they are in?
2 weeks and counting...

Sorry, I do not know. I dive in Capo Testa one time only, in my life.
You speak of these, I suppose.

Colonne

Hello !
Thank you Mauro, Jonny250, Spaghetti...etc for all these informations about Sardinia.

I'm new on this forum. I'm from Brest, France. I practice spearfihishing for more than 20 years (16 years old) and I am going to Sardinia between the 19th and th 26 th of july (I land in Cagliari).

We haven't decided where to go yet (we are two couples, my friends don't dive), I wanted to know more about Sardinia.

I already get lots of informations thanks to you. I think we'll go north-east, perhaps north two...

Here are my questions :
- are there good spots between Dorgali and Olbia ?
- are there good spots between Cagliari and the south (around Setti Ballas) ?
- how long does it take to drive from Cagliari to Olbia ?
- Is there someone who would be interested in a team mate during this period (25m-30m deep max) ?

If you come to Britany (Bretagne) please tell me, we have big bass and pollack were I live (see some pictures)

Thanks in advance

Ivan

Attachments

• Ouessant.2006.II.1.jpg
    Ouessant.2006.II.1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 250
  • Ouessant.Octobre.1.jpg
    Ouessant.Octobre.1.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 251
  • F1000016.jpg
    F1000016.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 261
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT