• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Scotland spearfishing 2013

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Where are you diving from ritvars?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Im easy going, anywhere in 3 hours drive from edinburgh is good for me.
But if nobody joins me, then i will be diving in bath.
Thanks

Conditions aren't too great on the E this weekend tbh. There's a bit of a swell rolling in and the vis has gone. It may be 'ok' tomorrow but probably less than ideal for a first dive unless you can find some sheltered spot......

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I just want to understand how to set up my gear, load gun properly and go for swim. Im working Monday-saturday, so Sunday is only day i can do it. Do you suggest i should tray west coast?

Went for dive yesterday in Crail harbour. Visibility was rubbish, couldn't see end of my arm. Dive lasted for 10 min till my diveing body said he is cold and we stopped. I wasn't too happy for so short dive so i found nice sheltered beach and continued dive by my self. Visibility was great, 4 meters (that was max dept were i was). I saw same green crabs, hermit crabs and one brown crab in 4 maybe 5 meters deep. Tried to wrestle it but that was too deep for me, I couldn't eaqalase pressure in my ears and it hurt at that depth, so he lives on other day.
In all, great day, Cant wait for next time i will get out.

I am visiting the West coast the last week of June and looking for potential marks. I have some goodwill from the long-haired general to cash in for a few hours diving somewhere but I do not know of any marks. Failing that are there any spots where I can take the missus (complete beginner) nice and shallow, lots to see? I'll be driving anywhere from Ayr to Lochailort with a couple of days in Oban so there must be a spot or 2?

Im not expert in west coast but I would suggest cliffs nearby Largs or far end of Loch Fyne around Inveraray.
In next few weeks I'm planing same scallop diving in west coast. Dont know were but i will let you know how it goes.

Ritvars.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT