• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Scotland spearfishing 2013

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi, long time since last on. :cry:
Great to see the banter is still going strong. Must get the subscription sorted out; thought it was on auto-renew. A difficult year that feels like it has lasted much longer. Looking forward to a more confident winter, always seems like the best time of year to be wet....... A comfy 6 degrees C right now :)

I fancy swimming out from here (more importantly there is a greasy caf' on harbour wall for a fry-up afterwards!), here and possibly (if I can find suitable access) here if you fancy it any time. Never dived any of the above, even know what is there, but plan to at some point. :)

Hi Yeti,

I'm keen. I've been trying to conserve funds for the festive season and a possible holiday at the start of the new year so trying to spend as much free time doing outdoorsy things rather than keeping my local in business. Looking to get as much time in the water over winter as I can to make the most out of the 7mm suit as I think it will be too warm once the water temp goes up a bit. I don't have a car at the moment but do have access to one with a few days notice. So far I've tried here and have also manage to get in a couple of times here
but didn't really see much. Aberdeen beach is about a 3 min walk from where I live, I can actually see the sea from my living room window so I've been trying to scope out local spots within walking distance. Let me know when you have something in mind and we can look to get some spearing in.

The biggest problem in this country is the crazy weather!! Consistently feckin inconsistent! :) unless you have the time to snatch dives in the good spells when they come up (and I'm talking about diveable, not ideal!) then chances of hitting both free time AND good weather are massively reduced. Nature of the beast I s'pose but I'm entitled to whinge cos it's just spoiled a day round arran for me..........ah well just have to talk about diving I was 'gunna do' instead! ;)

ARE THINGS THAT GRIM UP IN SCOTLAND THAT YOUVE FORGOT TO START A 2014 THEAD????Im up in Glasgow next week any one alive up there ?

It's Grim here alright :)
I wasn't going to start a thread until I've actually been diving and so far that ain't happened yet :-(
Planning to be out next week. I reckon we've got off lightly compared to further S. tbh. How long are you in Glasgow Ian? take your brollie!!
Here's a wee pic from Sunday - yeah, it's real grim ;-)
uploadfromtaptalk1394047623289.jpg

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Maybe bring your gear up for the second trip? I'll take you for a dive ( no where near Glasgow mind :))
It'll be tropical by then.

Does anyone know some good spots near Irvine. I moved up here from Cornwall in August and I haven't been out since.

Does anyone know some good spots near Irvine. I moved up here from Cornwall in August and I haven't been out since.

I can maybe put you in touch with lad called Derek. Newbie but keen to have a go this year and is local to Ivine so knows the area.

That would be great thanks. I have seen a couple of potential sites north of me but I haven't been in yet.

Guys, I'm visiting my folks in mid April on the Moray coast in Forres. I'm thinking of getting out around Hopeman, Burghead & Lossiemouth area(whether I'll get out due to family commitments is another thing). Has anyone got experience of the coastline around here? Looks nice n fishy with lots of rocky areas. Maybe pick up some lobbies, mullet, cod I hear the occasional bass is seen, just reading the sea fishing forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Grantl . Where are you ?in Dundee ? I think there's another job comin off for a few weeks its in Tain north of Inverness is there any thing up that way spear in wise Don't know weather to volunteer for it or not ?Is there anyone up that way ? Have you managed to get out this week?

No, I'm down near Jedburgh in the SE. Don't know much about that area tbh.
I got out today. It was a bit blowy but great vis. Not too many fish about yet, I think they've got more sense :)

Hey Grantl . Where are you ?in Dundee ? I think there's another job comin off for a few weeks its in Tain north of Inverness is there any thing up that way spear in wise Don't know weather to volunteer for it or not ?Is there anyone up that way ? Have you managed to get out this week?

Regardless of the fishing/weather/savages, that North Coast is spectacular and is well worth a visit anyway. ;-)

Nice! I'm hopefully moving to Inverness next year. Hopefully better than Ayrshire for spearing.

Hope it's better than the forge retail park by celtics ground where I've been working all week !

How long a drive is it from central Glasgow to a diveable spot for a night dive then grant? I know how long is a piece of string?

I'd head down into Ayr - not too long a drive at all.
I work in Glasgow - it's about 1.5 -3 hours away from here depending on traffic.
Which way do you come oop North - M6 or A1?

I come up M6/M74 .Will be in works van tracked so limited a bit but will see.I did job in Irvine last year and looked around down to Troon some good spots when a bit calmer.looked around Saltcoats.as well.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT