• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seabass ban next year

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
They will have to pry my Ray Odor pole spear from my lifeless hands........................... only joking, well kind off :D I think its time to walk to the fishing spot in a pair of speedos and a homemade bamboo pole spear. If they want the speedos, they're more than welcome to them.

Reactions: Mr. X
My days of buggatis are over! I looked that c4 speargun up. It looks nice but too far cy for me. My gun will be getting treated to a new band after 5 seasons. It was getting a bit weak. I don't think any fishery officer would want my gun!

They will have to pry my Ray Odor pole spear from my lifeless hands........................... only joking, well kind off :D I think its time to walk to the fishing spot in a pair of speedos and a homemade bamboo pole spear. If they want the speedos, they're more than welcome to them.
They'll be renaming budgie smugglers to bass smugglers then!!!!

Reactions: Pinniped72
Could be "Is that a Bass in your trunks or are you just pleased to see me" incidents all over the UK, fisheries officials beware :LOL:
image.jpg

Just to bring home pathetically ineffective banning recreational fishing is, take a look at this video, previously posted by Spaniard. The super-trawler (from Holland & filmed in Oz) has a storage capacity of 4500 tonnes of fish! :( What on earth are people involved thinking!

I get the impression that the EU have "lost the plot", if ever they had it. It just doesn't work.

Bring back loads of fish and chuck it in the ground........................ makes perfect sense to me :confused: How much are the people paid that come up with this stuff and how do I apply for a job............ compared to these jokers I feel like Albert Einstein!

Reactions: Mr. X and halfandy
Is this ban in place now? I have taken 2 bass this month- is that allowed or not??

Reactions: Broseidon
You'll be alright as long as you don't tell everyone on the internet....................... :D I believe its in place, well that's my ignorance defence gone when Mr or Mrs Busybody start questioning! :D I think the law is a joke when everything (commercial boats) is considered, but one spearo being prosecuted will no doubt make national headlines and we will all be demonised, not that I'm paranoid at all!!!

Oops! Better put them back then. :D Yes supposedly, although see above re. some weird, vague exception for Portland & Weymouth. They make this crud up as they go along.

Maybe they were Devonian Spullet (spiney mullet) it's a new breed of fish that has just arrived in our waters this year...... Honest!

17 now - I think it's looking like it's going to be a good season. I got 5 in one session along with 3 wrasse but I'm really feeling it climbing up the cliffs with do much fish.

At that rate they'll be sending one of those massive fisheries protection speed boats (you know, the ones that fail to catch the Spanish trawlers illegally fishing within the quarter mile limit off Beeston & Slapton :( ) out to track you down. Apparently they take more than an hour to arrive, so you'll have plenty of time to leave the scene.

Reactions: Pinniped72 and jpp
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT