• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seac Sub - Asso 75 Pneumatic Speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

QuIck ShOT

Shot Quick
Feb 8, 2008
hey all,

Ive been looking for a decent air compressed spear gun for a little while now and i found the Seac Sub - Asso 75 Pneumatic Speargun for halfprice on a site, does anyone know if these particular guns are any good ive mostly been using hawain slings in reefs and around small islands but after spearing a couple of 5-7 kilo fish my hand spears are always getting pretty damaged, but anyway just wondering if i should invest in one of these or maybe go for a mares model instead, reason i ask is my brother brought one of the seac sub 30 cm models and the spear shot out so slow it bounced of the fish, something to do with air leakage, any info would be appreciated Cheers.

Hello,
The Asso 30 is a pretty tiny gun that's ment for a back up or spearing crayfish e.t.c, on the other hand the Asso 75 is a fully fledged beast that packs quite a punch which is why it requires a Hi/Low power regulator switch so you don't bend the shaft when shooting around rocks.

Regards,
Ivsano

My friend has a SeacSub 130 i think around that size. Seriously that thing is a cannon ! I personally don't like it because it's kinda heavy and robust. But his is over 6'0 ft so he manages to handle it pretty well even though he has to be careful where he shots because of the guns power. yeah It's that powerful. IDK where it stands compare to a cressi or mares gun of the same caliber. But I know it's cheaper.

I prefer the asso over mares. I like the trigger better on the asso and the line release. If you mount a reel with the mares handle, you cant mount it all the way back.

I used rob allen shafts and thread them to my liking. They are super hard to thread though but the shaft lasts.

Well I also love my Asso but come on it is not easy to say that? rofl :confused:

I got my asso today :) very happy. build quality looks good and I like the line release. although I can see loading been a learning curve but not a problem.

will post pics when I get the camera batteries back out the damn wii remote..

Took the gun out and caught 2 nice pollack 2.5lb and 3lb. My camera seems to be doing some funny things with the lighting at the moment so appologies about the quality.

I like the gun, the barrels fatter than I thought and dont fit on my gun straps so will need to change them and its a lot shorter then my cressi comanche 90 making hunting in the murk a damn sight easier..

Im used to a band gun and so found a lot of my shots( that were mainly missesroflroflrofl) were all high and to the left so had to adjust my aim slightly and the trigger which was set way to high and took a firm squeeze to engage.

Took it out again this morning and found it a pleasure to use in bad viz.

My only gripe is carrying the gun when its unloaded. I think I might get a rubber velco strap and wrap it all together.

5/5 from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE MAN!!!thx for sharing! seems you have the shaft that comes with it at this length the gun is very accurate...it shoots where you be point'in...way to set some steel:martial

Greekdiver I just hold the camera in my left hand. The cameras a vivitar 6200w but I plan to change it the fujifilm f47

Nice vid scott......u can shoot better than i can so far rofl

im still used to my cressi which aims differantly.

scott, if you can find a f30 its better for filming. The battery life is insane on it and the pictures are great. THats what i use on my youtube videos.

Reactions: scottwilson
Nice video - looks like the gun will shoot maybe 3 meters. I like the free floating camera much better than when it is attached to a gun - you get a better sense of the dynamics of hunting - though it is much more difficult.

Well Quickshot has certainly come along since he started this thread, he now has a Cyrano 1100 which is awesome! I'm now getting one too even though I initially though 1.1m was going to be way too big, but it actually works well and I really love the Cyrano's aiming sights which got me hooked!

From my experience the Asso 75 shoots 3 metres quite well, I have taken a 1m Barracouta from around this range. I have 5 wraps of dyneema on mine and the shaft still gets to the end of the line comfortably, maybe that's because I pumped it up around 100 pumps over the recommended amount!

On the camera side of things if you want to go really cheap for still a pretty good camera, the GoPro Digital Hero 3 looks nice and you can get head straps with it for an awesome video perspective. Quickshot is actually getting one soon so you'll hopefully see some spearing footage from us soon!

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT