• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seac Sub - Asso 75 Pneumatic Speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I believe I have mentioned this before. The Cyrano is a good gun. However, its 'twin' Stealth / now branded Spark mimetic is a much better deal. The Stealth / Spark is much better balanced and - apart from the plastic(!) elongated nose cone [= structural weakness, less air contained in the chamber, less buoyant in the front] and the handle grip on the Cyrano - it is 100% identical, but costs almost 40% less.

I have one Cyrano and several Stealths / Sparks. Sooner or later I will certainly convert the Cyrano into a Stealth by exchanging the nose cone and tank (economic nonsense, but like many I prefer a horizontally well balanced gun).

@ Britney: I use 3-4 wraps of mono on my Mamba kitted Stealth 110s. From my experience, I seriously doubt that a standard Asso 75, even if pumped to the max, has an effective range of 5(!?) wraps* rofl

Cheers, ulysses

*) Maybe you are counting wraps differently. In my 'book': one wrap of line = line from the nose cone attachment to the line lease pin on the handle and back.

Last edited:
I believe I have mentioned this before. The Cyrano is a good gun. However, its 'twin' Stealth / now branded Spark mimetic is a much better deal. The Stealth / Spark is much better balanced and - apart from the plastic(!) elongated nose cone [= structural weakness, less air contained in the chamber, less buoyant in the front] and the handle grip on the Cyrano - it is 100% identical, but costs almost 40% less.

I have one Cyrano and several Stealths / Sparks. Sooner or later I will certainly convert the Cyrano into a Stealth by exchanging the nose cone and tank (economic nonsense, but like many I prefer a horizontally well balanced gun).

@ Britney: I use 3-4 wraps of mono on my Mamba kitted Stealth 110s. From my experience, I seriously doubt that a standard Asso 75, even if pumped to the max, has an effective range of 5(!?) wraps* rofl

Cheers, ulysses

*) Maybe you are counting wraps differently. In my 'book': one wrap of line = line from the nose cone attachment to the line lease pin on the handle and back.

Who knows? Maybe I have an extra special awesome Asso?:D

But I think it could be that I, indeed counted the line wraps as in at each interval instead of each loop back to the nose. But really that way it is infact six wraps sorry:head

On the subject of the Spark vs Cyrano I was thinking of getting the Spark (I like the new one's appearance too), but found a store that sells the Cyrano for a similar price unless you can find me a Spark 110 for under US $195+ $61 shipping, the Cyrano also comes with a claimed stainless spring steel shaft (but I'm thinking it's more like regular stainless) and a carry case also. This is also from U.S based store so shipping is generally cheaper to Australia than the European stores that had the Spark I was looking at.

Cheers,
Britney Spears

So on my count you have three wraps / full loops which seems reasonable ;)

On the shaft that comes with the Cyrano I have to disappoint you: the black coated original Mares shafts (made from harmonic(?) steel) are absolute crap. Whenever I buy a new gun, I leave that in store in the hope that they give it to someone new to the sport for free.

In Europe Seatec or Devotosub shafts for airguns are the way to go.

On Seatec shafts which feature a very low profile flopper ('incassata') :inlove you have to exchange the line holder with one of those from Devotosub. As a matter of fact, all standard line holders other than those made by Devotosub are an insult to hydrodynamics :rcard

Cheers, ulysses

P.S. In Italian shop on the ground you will often pay less than EUR70 = USD110 for a Spark 110.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. X
Sooner or later I will certainly convert the Cyrano into a Stealth by exchanging the nose cone and tank (economic nonsense, but like many I prefer a horizontally well balanced gun).quote]

speaking of changing the tank. is there an online shop that sells these spare parts or are you thinking of machining it yourself?
I own a stealth 70 and was thinking of replacing the tank and the barrel with the 100 cm one, but couldnt find a n online shop that had them.

cheers

I am awaiting the new Omer Airbalete - which I expect will appear for the 2009 line - probably for the price of at least two cyranos no doubt.

Sooner or later I will certainly convert the Cyrano into a Stealth by exchanging the nose cone and tank (economic nonsense, but like many I prefer a horizontally well balanced gun).

speaking of changing the tank. is there an online shop that sells these spare parts or are you thinking of machining it yourself?
I own a stealth 70 and was thinking of replacing the tank and the barrel with the 100 cm one, but couldnt find a n online shop that had them.

cheers

Petar,

Tuttopescamare has quite a few airgun spares.

The Stealth/Spark/Cyrano barrel ('canna' in Italian) you are looking for:
TuttoPescaMare :: SUBACQUEA » FUCILI SUBACQUEI » RICAMBI OLEOPNEUMATICI » CANNA CYRANO ::

I am sure they will get a Stealth/Spark 97 tank ('serbatoio' in Italian) for you as well.

Cheers, ulysses

Last edited:
I am awaiting the new Omer Airbalete - which I expect will appear for the 2009 line - probably for the price of at least two cyranos no doubt.

Fondueset, remember this is Omer. Who knows if and when the airbalate will ever see the light of day / store counter ;)

BTW: Not many equipment manufacturers would have tried to re-enter the airgun market with an alleged plus EUR300 wet barrel gun after the Mamba, Tovarich, Poseidon innovations. But the force of marketing is still with them - back to the future OmERde rofl

Cheers, ulysses

On the shaft that comes with the Cyrano I have to disappoint you: the black coated original Mares shafts (made from harmonic(?) steel) are absolute crap. Whenever I buy a new gun, I leave that in store in the hope that they give it to someone new to the sport for free.

Maybe it's just from US shops but when Quickshot ordered his Cyrano 1100 he received a spare tahitian stainless steel shaft for it. I have also enquired about it and the 970 and 1100 come with this additional shaft as standard.

I'd have to definitely agree with you though that the original Cyrano shaft is absolute crap! The tip especially feels so fragile, it was slightly damaged even after just hitting the sandy bottom!

I am interested in this new gun also and hope it is worth the wait, it will probably be my next gun after the Cyrano! Here's hoping it can top it.

I think the biggest innovation is the redesigned trigger/sear - which goes in through the back of the barrel instead of at a right angle - this makes it possible to raise the grip so it is more in-line - plus the Cayman grip is really nice - and the hydroformed barrel. It seems to be designed to shoot a very light shaft 6.5m - with the possibility of going to a heavier one. They've also designed vents into the end of the barrel and it has a narrow piston like the cyrano/spark. Should be interesting :)

yeah leisure pro is a great site with cheap products and cheap postage and they have paypal to which is good to see, subprof is also good but i think leisure pro's products are a little bit cheaper

Another good site stateside is ScubasWorld - for the cyrano their price is higher than leisurepro but then throw in a spring steel shaft - which is vastly superior to the shafts that come with the gun - the black one will bend the first time you load it.

The ultimate store of course is JimDoe's The Spearfishing Store - but I don't think he handles Mares.

Foud, now why'd you have to go into all those detailsrofl...now it seems as though I too will have to wait:head

i like the look of that imersion seriole blue camo suit on thespearfishingstore.com to bad its not in 5mm :rcard

I bust my gun

During the week I started fiddeling with the trigger and moved the screw so far that when I went to pull the trigger nothing happend. I then drove home with the gun still loaded ( shaft taken out the gun) moved the screw back to where it was and pulled the trigger :confused:

Went to load the gun today to find that I cant push the shaft down. the plastic white bit is jammed. Took the air out, unscrewed the head and the white plastic bit has snapped off and wedged in the muzzle. I need to buy a new white plastic bit ( sorry cant find the manual for the proper name ) but cant find anywhere on the net for uk.

Any help

ps: If I had just let the air out in the first place I wouldnt be in this mess.

Last edited:
Sounds like you dry fired the gun which is bad but worse still you had no spear in it. This has caused the piston to travel much much much too fast and it has smacked into the muzzle stop. If I am right (basing this on your description) then i think you need to strip out the muzzle and check on the piston and the muzzle "cushion" to see what damage has been done.

Sorry not much help on the "where to get spares" but if it was me I'd have a good look to see exactly what damage is done and what needs fixing.

Dave

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT