• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

search buddy tool

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pote

Jun 22, 2011
Hi everybody,

Is there any tool for searching buddies? For example when you are in family holiday without your diving buddy and you want to spend some time also with freediving...

I want to create simple website tool, where you can enter your destination and date range and search divers in similar situation nearby you.

Do you think it's a good idea and would you use it?

Hi,

first version is online. You will find it on www.freebuddy.net or just freebuddy.net.

It is very simple. On the map you can see all divers in next 14 days.

If you log in you can:
  • see all details of divers/destinations
  • set up date range of the map
  • send message to any diver
  • create your own destination (place, date range)
Any comments are welcome.

Reactions: John B Griffith Jr
I also set up a profile, but I didn't manage to create a location. Maybe an issue with my Android phone?

Thanks for testing ;) New location can be created in Destination -> "Create new location". But it is possible that style is broken on the phone. I will try to improve it for small devices.

This is a great initiative that deserves fare more attention :)

It could litterally be a lifesaver - and a great thing in general.

When it works well you should post it on the AIDA forum on facebook also and spread the word :)

Thank you for your words, I appreciate it. Please test it, use it and spread it. If anybody find something for correction, let me know.

Just a *BUMP* on this great, great initiative :)

But also a rather important question: What to do if I forgot my password. I find no option for retrieval or email reset. And probably no email adress ever got registered - nothing from freebuddy.net pops up in a search in my inbox.

:)

Thanks for your comments. Password reset is there now.

But it works only if user entered valid email address in his profile ... which is voluntary. I don't want to force anybody to fill anything.

Reactions: HydroApprentice
Great resource @Pote - we'll help promote it but would suggest posting on the various Facebook groups as well.

Two small additions needed in my view - 1) total number of buddies listed on the homepage and 2) ability to search by location rather than scroll the map.

@Pote - seems to be a lot of interest in your tool - loads of likes and shares to our post. Keep up the good work...

Thanks a lot for sharing. New 50 users in last two days ;)

To your points:

1) Good idea I will add it soon. It can be interesting information for new users. Right now there are 193 registered buddies.

2) I will keep it in my mind. It can be useful as well. Do you mean new field, where user can input city for example and map moves to this city automatically?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT