• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

search buddy tool

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Very nice tool. I think an email adresse should not be optional because people will register but will not revisit the page often. Recieving an email if someone send you a private message like deeperblue will help to stay in touch.
On the other hand the email adresse should not be published or the user should be asked if the email adresse should be puplished.
Thanks anyway!! ;-)

I thought I should drag this thread back into focus, I'm a bit disappointed that more people didn't jump on board with this, especially from the UK; only two people showing (I'm the one on the far north lol).

There are over 38000 members on DB, and given the importance we put on buddies as a basic safety principle, I'd have thought this would recieve a lot more support (only 306 registered worldwide). Maybe there could be some sort of link with your DB profile, so people dont have to list personal email addresses etc?

Even if you have buddies and are quite happy with who you dive with, I reckon its worth registering so that anybody who is considering starting freediving can find someone nearby and doesnt have to choose between no practice or practising alone.

Reactions: HydroApprentice
Here is facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Freebuddy.net/ Please share it and you can also leave your comments there. I would like to start working on freebuddy again and your feedback and new ideas are very important.

One of my friend is iOS developer, so we could prepare application for iPhone. Would you use it? Or do you prefer Android?

Thanks for your comments ;)

Reactions: HydroApprentice
@Pote - so here is my $0.02 in thinking...

A mobile app along with the website would be much better. You also need to do some serious promotion if you want to get more people registered - post on DB, check out various Facebook groups for Freediving, make sure it is as easy as possible to sign up (social media options).

It's a great idea and option but there needs to be some structure and thought behind it if it is going to succeed.

Hi, just registered and hope others do too. It would be nice to add a permanent destination for example home town or often visited spot. Also being able to edit an existing destination would be nice, to modify dates and the note for example. Or maybe is just missed it.

You should definitely do some promotion on other spearfishing and freediving forums as well. Not sure if its ok to mention them here.

Maybe you could set up a seperate category for schools to register an account, that marks the map with a different colour, and a permanent location. I'm sure most schools would welcome the free advertising and potential recruitment opportunities. You could also encourage schools, quid pro quo, to reccomend the site to their students when they attend courses, as fresh students looking for buddies would seem to be the most likely to join/benefit. The ability to filter by schools would be a key feature also.

Reactions: xristos
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT