• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seatec TRB S 100

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Nice info on these guns Mikko.

IS the opening in the muzzle of the seatecs wide?

I ask this as the Spor sniper has a muzzle similar but the shooting line loop at the back of the spear did not leave the muzzzle cleanly and the gun fired everywhere except forwards.

Shane

It is not. I do not recommend rigging one with anything thicker that 6.5mm and shooting line preferably 1.5mm nylon with tight "8" crimps.

This is really a type of muzzle where you need to be extra careful when rigging the spear.

Our experiments with 1.5mm nylon have been very succesful with no muzzle bumps.

One way to tackle this would be a dynema shooting line with knots.

In my opinion it is not the line or the spear that may cause this. It is the crimp. The unfinished ends of the crimps to be more precise.

Cheers,
Mikko

I have been using 77, 90 and 120 Gabbianos as my main guns for the last couple of months. All are rigged with 1.8mm mono fastened with double barrel crimps. I have had no tangling or catching issues.
Although the muzzle is cool, I think the best feature of the Gabbiano is the balance. All 4 guns sit perfectly level in the water, like a good wooden gun, but without the scratching or gouging worries!
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk

I second that. The barrel of Gabbiano really makes all the difference.

Cheers,
Mikko

Question on the muzzle

Why do they make the end of the barrel/mussle curve down? I wonder if that dip, combined with the slight downward pull of the bands, might cause the tail end of the shaft to be pulled down just before it clears the muzzle...causing the shaft to go higher than the point of aim.

Does this happen? And what is the advantage of the muzzle being shaped like this?

Hey Mikko, this is Matt in Oki. Thanks again for your help with those fins...they should be here today or tomorrow (I hope), and I can't wait any longer!:)

MAtt, by the time the back of the shaft reaches that point the bands are not making any traction on the shaft as they will have reached their original resting length.

I think Valerio Grassi would have made sure of this before putting the design on the market.

Yeah, I'm sure he would of thought of that too. I just didn't understand how it wouldn't influence the shaft's point of impact. But what you said makes sense. Thanks.

Still, what is the advantage of a muzzle being shaped like that? Does it cause less drag when tracking fish? Just curious. Looks sweet though, at least!

(BTW, Mikko & Jyri: these fins rock!:cool:)

Less drag is the point.
As this design is used by VERY succsfull Seatec target shooting team, I'm positive that the shaft will fly straight.

Cheers,
Mikko

what about albatros mode (open muzzle)?

Post pic. please if you have any:D ;)

hey guys....I also bought myself this gun, I am very happy with it,( I Have the gabbiano 100 with real and the 20mm rubbers), however I have a problem with it.
I was looking on this site to see if there are similar issues with this gun.
It is accurate, light and manouverable and powerful, but mine just sinks...I mean like a stone....so what the heck is going on here? looks like I am the only one...any suggestions?

Is the gun standard or have you modified it?
Has it always sunk, or as it got heavier over time? It is possible (although I have never seen this on a Seatec gun) that the barrel is leaking and filling up with water. Hold it next to your ear and tilt it back and forth. Can you hear water moving about? If you can take it back to the dealer
It definately sounds like something is wrong
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk

Oyla, Greetz to everyone

I am new here and dont have much experiences as others :p...
have the same gun ( Gabiano 90) and it it sinks when shaft is on and dooesnt without shaft...

I think that is normal...

Ibn Tahir said:
it it sinks when shaft is on and dooesnt without shaft...

Yes thats the way it supposed to be, even perfectly ballanced speargun will stand parallel on he top of the surface while spear is out. Perfectly sealed speargun should not get heavier by time :)

I have the 77 Gabbiano Elite with the open muzzle. It's slightly negatively buoyant when loaded (I don't know if this changes significantly with depth, I only go to 10m usually) and floats when the spear is out (until its dragged down by the line). I don't use the reel at the moment.

I love it, it's only my first gun so I have no frame of reference but everything works great. I was thinking of getting a 100 next, either another Gabb. or the wooden Albatross. Hmmm... when's pay day? :)

is there any one who tried gabbiano with double bands? I really wonder what will be the accuracy on a 110 with double 16mm and 6.5mm shaft :)

I've used a 120 with twin 16s, accuracy wasn't affected, but I went back to single band as that has plenty of power for my purposes and is quicker to load.
The gabbiano has plenty of mass, so handles twin rubbers well. The 130 with twin 16s, and a 7mm sharkfin tab spear (Seatec were the first company to do full sharkfin euro spears, about a year before Omer :) ) makes a very nice "lightweight" blue water gun
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk

yeah sometimes you need extra reach of double wraps of line when hunting for pointed nose groupers. They are very shy and not very big, extreme accuracy and easy tracking whats all about for shooting those boys when they are out of their caves. Sometimes they respond aspetto sometimes they just sit in fron of you just out of the spearguns range and play the game "cat and mouse" rofl 110 with double band and wraps could be killer on those fishes :)

Oi que pasa bro. did you ask your pussy cat why the gun is sinking? :D ahahhahhahaa

greendiver said:
hey guys....I also bought myself this gun, I am very happy with it,( I Have the gabbiano 100 with real and the 20mm rubbers), however I have a problem with it.
I was looking on this site to see if there are similar issues with this gun.
It is accurate, light and manouverable and powerful, but mine just sinks...I mean like a stone....so what the heck is going on here? looks like I am the only one...any suggestions?

Hey Memo dude....what is up there...diving in Turkey?
.....still have not solved this problem, will ask my cats... rofl

dave said:
Is the gun standard or have you modified it?
Has it always sunk, or as it got heavier over time? It is possible (although I have never seen this on a Seatec gun) that the barrel is leaking and filling up with water. Hold it next to your ear and tilt it back and forth. Can you hear water moving about? If you can take it back to the dealer
It definately sounds like something is wrong
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk

Hey Dave, well...if I am on the surface and drop my gun ,for 5 seconds, I will have to go down to pick it up.
I got the gun 2 months ago, and has been "acting" like this since the beginning.
there is no water inside, at least I do not hear it....I will have to contact seatec...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT