• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sex before diveing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

superc0ntra

Aug 5, 2002
Boxers and martial artists refrain from having sex before maches because it takes away their agression and generally calms them down. Would the opposite be true for a diver.
(Hopefully) :p

yeah

Spank the monkey by the sea... At least if it do not help for the breath hold, it help with the morale :D

Actually aggression would likely be more detrimental to freediving than helpful. Freediving is all about relaxation. That being said maybe there is a correlation along the lines of increasing sex will increase freediving abilities. I'll see about doing a study on this one and volunteer myself as the subject (wouldn't want to put anyone else in such peril :D ). Of course I'll have to find a beautiful assistant or two. All in the name of research and going deeper!

geez, ya mention sex and i can't even read the initial post right. now i see that the opposite of the approach that boxers take is what you meant from the beginning. i'd still be willing to do the study though.

sex before diving

I don't like sex before diving . I feel that it pulls alot of strength
and self preservation . I feel more serious and atuned with my
diving and surroundings when I haven't had sex for a while .
But of course that is me and only my own humble personal opinion
from my own experience . Now I have never had sex while diving:D

sex during diving

:eek: How about sex while diving. It may take a few dives for you slow pokes so start out at 10 feet. Progress will come naturally. Don't worry about the fish. They like to hang around and watch.
Cheers!

Reactions: fpernett
before, during and after

I like the last post,
Why don't before, during and after?.
Whatever make feel relaxed should work

In Bahrain I met a great dude who shall remain nameless....he wore a Golden Screw on a necklace. Apparently it was only worn by an elite few who had performed the deed (on scuba) at -30 metres! There was a bronze and silver screw for 10 and 20 metres.
The funny thing is that to qualify to wear the screw, it took 3 people : 2 main participants and 1 witness :ban
True story,
Erik Y.

wanna see my platinum screw?

butt seriously folks... I can think of now better way to start the day than by attending to the morning wood and then going spearfishing with the longer wood. Would that I could, that is.:hmm

sven

AAHH , YES . The true pleasures in life .
Guess this explains your obsession with those #$% guns ...:D

I admit defeat ;
Your wood is firm yet pliant ,
My pole is stiff , but prone to fatigue ...;)

Not sure it works for guys.. =)

as far as I know.. guys just get veeeery tired after sex and that would not be good just before diving.. =)

For us girls it's another story.. At least I get very energetic after sex so it might work for us.. =)

:D

From what i read, I guess this "opportunity" scuba divers have is one of the few advantages they have. It would take a looot of training for us freedivers to manage to perform it on a single breath... I guess it's worth the try though!
But on the other hand - man, those scuba sex gods look probably like some very clumsy turtles while doing it! Do they use mask lubricants!? :D

And I must agree with Daisy... Men do tend to take a nap after sex. But judging from my personal, um... unobtrusive experience, freediving does something to me and I always want to have sex AFTER diving.

Re: sex before diving

Originally posted by deepdiver129
I feel more serious ... when I haven't had sex for a while .
Sheesh , THAT'S why I've been so serious lately .:hmm

That's what happens when diving starts to mess up your private life!

You know Abri, you should take off that wetsuit more often! Especially if you're "currently working in Thailand".:D

I would (wood) hazard a guess that you've been hanging around the wrongs guys, Daisy. Might I suggest a Swedish expatriat, currently unemcumbered and living in California's Sonoma County? :king (Hey everybody, I'm workin' here! Lay off! :inlove ) I'd be so bold as to say that I'm very energetic after the session, though history has it that it's because I'm trying to get the hell outta there...:crutch No zzz here.

sven

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT