• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Skin for Dynamics

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I have a brand new orca apex 2 size 10, will let go for $299 shipping included, or make an offer. will accept paypal.

The Orca Breathe should be out real soon.
It should retail for US$319 or €269

Hello,

question to Orca and (maybe) to William :

do you know when the Orca Breathe will be released in Europe ? I found no information at all on Orca's website.

I have to buy a new suit, it is urgent now. This model seems to be very interesting, but I can't wait too long : I train in an outside pool, in Paris... The water is getting colder and colder.

Without any information, I will buy another model...

=> what characteristics ? When ?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Greetings

Jerry

Hey Jerry,

Did you consider the Aqua Sphere Aqua Skin? Doesn't leak, almost no added bouyancy, only 1 mm, so not very warm, but glides really well

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NngFPkwI48]YouTube - freediving 25 meters in 1 leg stroke[/ame]

The ETA on the Orca Breathe is late-Dec/early January.
Sorry I can't give any better news than that.
I have tested the prototype, and I can assure you that it will be worth the wait if you decide to hold off.
Cheers, Will.

Hey Jerry,

Did you consider the Aqua Sphere Aqua Skin? Doesn't leak, almost no added bouyancy, only 1 mm, so not very warm, but glides really well

Hello,

sorry for late answering... I don't come so often on the Forum.

I know well The AquaSphere model : I used to have one, it was wonderful. After 3 years, it has died... So I ran to the shop and asked for the same model ; it was not on the shelf anymore, and I bought the new model with confidence. It was a big mystake : after 3 months, the first defects appeared, and at 6 months, big holes all around the sealings were visible.

Note that 3 friends of mine have encountered the same concern in the same time period.

Aquasphere aftersale guy told me that we hadn't used it properly... He even didn't propose or accept (after I requested) to make any commercial offer for a new one, although it was obvious that there was a quality problem...

So I banned Aquasphere, even if I'm pretty sure that MY skin had quality problems, and that quite all the suits mad by Aquasphere are well made.

Yes, two or three members from our club had the same problem. They've bougth the Aquasphare wetsuit in the same period (I believe it was around February this year, but it might have been a few weeks or even months earlier or later - I do not remember well). Others, who bought the same wetsuit before or after, did not have any such problems - it is apparent it was a faulty batch, and it is sad Aquasphere did not recognize their mistake.

Yes, they know the problem, that's obvious. It's sad they don't want to recognize this. They loose customers as a result. They lost me, that's sure !

Jerry

Just to report and put some questions. This winter I bought the cressi glaros and the Blueseventy Nero comp. What I have to say is the comparison is like the black and white. Glaros fits very nice and have a nice and warm feeling inside but doesnt performs well in the swpool. When the body is at streamline position lots of water enters on the back side and especialy after 30mins in the water you feel the suit very floppy and waterfull inside. In DYN you feel the water action on the back very well but on the DNF it performs slightly better.

As far as the Nero comp is concerned, I dont have to say anything about this suit. This is the best suit I have ever weared. Its like a second skin. Very warm, excellent feeling, excellent performance, no water entering anywhere. Its just perfect BUT I wish there will be a full body model (I mean for the arms too). After training 1 hour in swpool I feel some cold on my arms and shoulders as these are not covered with suit. This is definitely be my all summer wetsuit. Less weights needed, very light to carry on a bag!

Now I am just looking for something similar to the Nero comp. I never weared any other Blueseventy model and I was looking for the sprint and fusion models full body suits but I dont know how thick they are. Can you propose a suit which have very thin material, is light in carriage and performs great? Too many models outthere, so difficult to choose!

I have to agree about the BlueSeventy Nero Comp suit. I own two of the Nero Comps and one of the PointZero3 - all in full leg.

It would be great if they had arms through.

They are the best suit I've every used in a pool. I've managed to take a full stroke (leg and arms) of my 25m lengths.

When I first purchased the Comp, I wore it once and ripped a seam. BlueSeventy were on it straight away. They replaced my torn suit with a new one AND told me how to repair the old suit so I could use it for training.

I've now used my PointZero3 for about 8 months with Zero issues and my comps for about 6 months with the same great performance.

Once of the nice things about the Comp is that the zip in the back will not come down even under excessive speed with a mono. It's designed to NOT pull down. You have to lift it to disengage it, then zip it down.

If your looking for a great skin suit, I highly recommend looking at the BlueSeventy range.

Oh...one thing....be prepared to be patient with the Comps when putting them on. They are tight tight TIGHT and offer a bit of compression. The instructions say it should take about 10 - 15 minutes to put it on.

That's my two cents....

Cheers!!

Hi guys, anyone know the price the new blueseventy descent will retail for? Im interested in how it compares to the Orca breath and free.

Looking for a single piece suit with hood. Right now only doing pool, not ocean. Suggestions?

Browsing at Leisure PRO, I see they have some interesting and very inexpensive Lycra and Neoprene skins. I wonder if anyone has any experience with the Neo Sport by Henderson Lycra Skin Suit - at the price of just under $27, it may be perhaps worth of testing. And if it is any good, I would perhaps get several of them to save on the shipping. But I do not really know anything about the suit - perhaps is not good at all. I'll have to try finding some review, if nobody here tried it.

If not, they have a 1mm neoprene wetsuit too - Neo Sport 1mm Mens Neo Skin Jumpsuit if it is any comparable to the Aquasphere suit in terms of quality (which is nothing extraordinary), at the price of just under $60, it might be an excellent and cheap alternative. You could buy three for the price of one Aquasphere, or 5-10 of them for a wetsuit from Orca. Unlike at Orca, having to throw them away after a few months of use wouldn't be a tragedy.

Well, on the second look they seem not to be well suited for competitive freediving, I believe. The lycra suit is probably just for UV protection, hence not constructed for compression and better glide, so it is a question whether it would help at all, or rather the opposite. The neoprene suit looks like it is coated on both sides, so not so good for glide either. On the other hand as a thermal protection for pool training it may be good enough.

Well, on the second look they seem not to be well suited for competitive freediving, I believe. The lycra suit is probably just for UV protection, hence not constructed for compression and better glide, so it is a question whether it would help at all, or rather the opposite. The neoprene suit looks like it is coated on both sides, so not so good for glide either. On the other hand as a thermal protection for pool training it may be good enough.

Haven't tried that particular one but most people in our club train wearing a lycra rash vest for pool. It doesn't feel that it helps much with glide but it does help a bit with cold, I still freeze in it though as the pool is generally on the cold side. Sometimes I wear two rash vests and oddly, that seems to make enough difference for me to not shiver. The good thing is that it doesn't give you any noticeable buoyancy.

Some people in our club train with 1mm neoprene skins (long sleeve) - they are definitely much better when it comes to cold and unlike the lycra, they do actually keep you warm. Not sure about glide but again I don't think they would make much difference.

Overall if you are training in a cold pool and don't want to wear a suit, a very thin neoprene skin should keep you warm enough I think Trux, and it doesn't break the bank. Having said this, I just wear the club rash vest and it's normally bearable because we do exercises that involve swimming, the only time it gets a bit uncomfortable is when we do static but then again, it's just an extra challenge to try and relax despite the shivering :)

PS the neoprene skins and rash vest we use are normally forth element. If you go for a lycra rash vest or suit I would make sure it's tight, if it's too big it literally does nothing for the cold

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT