• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

So new im still shiny

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

covert

Aquatic Assassin
Jan 8, 2007
Hey guys and gals, thought i'd do the civil thing and introduce myself. Im a n00b spearo from Cape Town South Africa. Just started taking up the sport about a month ago. And in my hunt for information i came across this fantastic site. To the admins/moderators/hosting co. Keep up the good work. And a special shoutout to SASPearo and his "spearfishing for dummies" D000000D that rocked.

Welcome to DB, Covert! I think you'll find quite a few folks from SA here.

Enjoy! :) Cheers,

Nice to meet you, covert :) Enjoy your stay, and welcome.

Thanks for all the welcomes!
I already love this site :) just a wealth of information and it hasnt been a day and ive made a good contact that has been more than helpfull :) im sooo itching to go spearing.

..and discussions about South african Wine, too!
Welcome on board, may your cellar be always full :)

rofl , from tuna "stuff" to Southafrican wines, you like your food he?, same here!!

have you ever tried a herring the way the dutch eat it?

like any responsible South African i over indulge in meat and gallons of wine. :) I''ll tickle a GWS but i doubt im brave enough to eat herring the way the dutchies do. :)

like any responsible South African i over indulge in meat and gallons of wine. :) I''ll tickle a GWS but i doubt im brave enough to eat herring the way the dutchies do. :)

No dutch last name?:) , nothing to it, the herring is excellent, however, the italians, like "spaghetti" eat tuna "stuff"..if you know what I mean..:) , supposed to be a delicatessy!!

If this is on topic, I tried SA biltong two weeks ago. Challenging food. I guess that after eating that, one won't be afraid of GWS.
Welcome again, Covert, and please keep us wet with some good spearfishing stories soon as you surface from your next dive!

Thanks for all the welcomes, this site really gives a sense of community doesnt it :).

Just some useless info bought a whole new kit today and going to test it out this weekend, weather and viz permitting. Man i feel like a kid on christmas cant wait.

Anyhoo keep all the good hint, tips and tehniques flowing im sucking it in like a sponge.

And spaghetti your a brave man eating biltong, personally i love the stuff but it must seem gross to people who dont know it rofl . Anyhoo i should send you some droewors (dried sausage) it tastes even better and looks even worse.

Happy hunting folks :)

and i really should learn some grammar, spelling, and punctuation. blah:t

Hey Covert!
Give me a shout dude, 082 7981100. Often looking for a buddy to get a few Hottentot for the braai, know some peachy little shore dives with short swims, beautiful area's and my kind of hunting, ie, .stress-free. :D

Be glad to show you what I've learnt over the years from some awesome divers.

Jeff

Hey Covert!
Give me a shout dude, 082 7981100. Often looking for a buddy to get a few Hottentot for the braai, know some peachy little shore dives with short swims, beautiful area's and my kind of hunting, ie, .stress-free. :D

Be glad to show you what I've learnt over the years from some awesome divers.

Jeff

carefull now ive just added your number to speed dial .... just above my wife's. hehe. Ill definitly give you a call as long as you know im still very clueless no amount of internet research is going to make up for time in the water :)

Ahoy Covert, welcome!
Man I miss diving in the Cape, especially the kelp forests...flip I'm getting all homesick over here, even had to put on my cape point t-shirt now. Oh well PE is still not a bad place for spearfishing, but hopefully I'll finish my studies here soon and then I can join you and the rest of guys in the cold water again, although I've definitely grown soft since I've been swimming in the aghulhas current.
See you around!

Nothing wrong having a bit of comfort i'd say :) definitly give me a shout if you come down it would be awesome. just PM me if you want my cell no.

Benvenuto al DB forum. Well, seen the rather hi tax we have here on wine, swedes import only good wines.. and lots are from SA! But it seems to me that are lots of freediver too.. well hanlee know something about it. :) ciao. Matteo.

Thanks for all the welcomes, this site really gives a sense of community doesnt it :).

Just some useless info bought a whole new kit today and going to test it out this weekend, weather and viz permitting. Man i feel like a kid on christmas cant wait.

Anyhoo keep all the good hint, tips and tehniques flowing im sucking it in like a sponge.

And spaghetti your a brave man eating biltong, personally i love the stuff but it must seem gross to people who dont know it rofl . Anyhoo i should send you some droewors (dried sausage) it tastes even better and looks even worse.

Happy hunting folks :)

Droewors....must be...droge worst...dry sausage he?:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT