• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Some Frankengun photos ....

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Very scarce white blonde boy..

Few blonde white boy in Africa Murat. But they are all worshipped here. Most can kill wild lion with bare hands. Especially useful when climbing out of airplane at airport and attacked by lion before claiming luggage. Bad problem here in africa .. lion. Some kill all lion in area and then start killing fishes after.

Spearo. a belated happy birthday and of course the line can go through the muzzle. I must have had a dyslexic moment. :)

las hombre africa. You in PTA now ? How is your hockey ?

Re: Very scarce white blonde boy..

Originally posted by Skindiver
Few blonde white boy in Africa Murat. But they are all worshipped here. Most can kill wild lion with bare hands. Especially useful when climbing out of airplane at airport and attacked by lion before claiming luggage. Bad problem here in africa .. lion. Some kill all lion in area and then start killing fishes after.

now problem is no more lion, and so no population control for car guard :D

Re: Very scarce white blonde boy..

Originally posted by Skindiver

las hombre africa. You in PTA now ? How is your hockey ?

Ja, I'm schtuck in Pretoria (or locally known as the 'real' big hole) for the time being. At least I'm going down to Ramsgate area next week .... hope to pick up some free seafood again!

Hockey? I played Ice hockey when I was in school ... never tried uw hockey b4 ...

Aha ! ! !

Now i understand you.Fish for food and lion skin for wetsuit:D :D

goodwood

I got yer tar pole hangin, Riann.:hmm

And ferchrissakes, organize your shop, eh?

sven

Organize my shop?

But it IS organized .....

It's probably the best it's looked in a month .... and after a month of welding, drilling, sawing, grinding, sanding, painting ... well, you get the idea. And I'm working on a Jeep CJ2 at the same time as well ....

Originally posted by Abriapnea
Hi SA ;
Big gun ; bungee floatline ...guess there is a spearing trip in the offing to properly test everything :D

Just came back from Ramsgate last night ..... and I'm waiting for the photos. I lost a whole stringer of fish off Ramsgate (Little Billy Bay) there was some nice rockcods on and some breams, nothing too serious, and then I took a 6.2 Kg Yellowfin Tunny on Tuesday off Margate pier - about 100m offshore, in about 15m of water, with about 15m viz .... magical. Then of course I would go and completely screw up the rest of the week's diving by cuttin my foot on the rocks - twice.

Tuna was taken by my RA Rollergun .....

process the photo quick, I will get a bowl to drool on.
100 meter offshore, 15 meter deep and 15m viz and a Tuna, damn that is Magical even at 6 kg + taken by ur new roller gun.
If I were you I will bath that gun and let it sleep next to me......
:D :D

Originally posted by Iyadiver
process the photo quick, I will get a bowl to drool on.
100 meter offshore, 15 meter deep and 15m viz and a Tuna, damn that is Magical even at 6 kg + taken by ur new roller gun.
If I were you I will bath that gun and let it sleep next to me......
:D :D

I even do the more.........:D :D :D

Hey Iya you are saying you live in fishless area but you have several pneumatics, MT0,standart2,baja,lots of bands, shafts......Are you using your spearguns for another porpouse rather than spearfishing???? May be for JackRabbit hunting from close range:D :D :D

Fishless under 125 miles from my home. I can always get to a "hot" zone............ but expensive ........... but my hot zone is probably 20% of any South African-s, Rig's , Sven and all the lucky dudes here.

Why I am packing all those guns is because if I ever go to those hot zone, I am ready. My old pneu and JBL is not something I proved good enough for those hot zone. The very first time I ever saw a big +-40kg Doog Tooth cruised by as I was hiding from the current at 80 feet on a rock, it was 6 meters away from me. I have no float too. Even if I shoot it :

1. It will never even touch the fish, my friend tried shooting it with the same JBL, 8mm shaft with 3 x 1/2 lousy band, what da ya expect.

2. If I managed to hit it, I will have to surrender my gun cause there is no way I can handle a 40kg without a float, which I do not have yet at that time.

3. Ever since I got my Riffes, I stop going to those hot places.....what a shit luck. If weather is OK, I might go this Thursday to Saturday....my friend just called me to join him. Wha ha ha ha ha.

4. This year has been the worst fish year for me and the worst viz, even for my Indian Ocean side...hard to believe.

Murat, I only have one pneu now a Mares Cyrano 85cm, for old time sake. All other 5 have been scrapped. My aluminum JBL too.
I keep buying Riffe because it is fun to play with it and I do appreciate the engineering, also it has allow me to get more fish. My Baja #4 is just to prepare for the Tuna season, I have not even do more than 20 shots with it ( all at plywood )..........bad viz and no worthy target. Basicaly I like spearguns, I like the look of it. Since I kind of slow down on my air-guns, the budget now goes to spearguns. Hunting also give me excuse to be away on weekends at the islands :eek: :eek:, if u know what I mean... :D :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT