• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

South & West Wales

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Some great info there. Thank you.

I couldn't equalise past 5 meters until
I went on a free diving course with Emma Farrell's team at Vobster quay in Somerset, a few of us went over for the wkd. What did it for me was the frenzel technique for equalising, although I didn't get to the required 10 meters to pass the course, I did get to 9 meters, I can now successfully equalise each time
Highly recommend, the safety lessons are also worth their weight in gold

Reactions: Radman
Mumbles head today. Lots of fish about but barely 2mtrs vis so they saw me before I saw them!

Hi im just starting this sport up i have lived and fished here a long time is there anyone who is willing to buddy up for some sessions before winter sets in

Im that new im still looking for somewhere down this way that sells fins and weights i have most other things.
looks like im doing some travelling to get some fins as i want to try them on with socks not just chance it off the net.
i have access to kayak if anyone wants company. if not ill be shallow diving on my own till i go to croatia next year.

Im that new im still looking for somewhere down this way that sells fins and weights i have most other things.
looks like im doing some travelling to get some fins as i want to try them on with socks not just chance it off the net.
i have access to kayak if anyone wants company. if not ill be shallow diving on my own till i go to croatia next year.
Hi! Buddying is a bit tricky as my trips tend to be planned last minute and of course depend upon conditions. Happy to advise where I can though. I've got most of my kit online. I wear cheap zip up boots by Alder and my fins are 3 shoe sizes bigger to allow for the boots. I get my belt weights from Days Diversified in Swansea. Not sure where to get decent fins locally.

Hi all I'm fairly new to the sport live in Cardiff I think Gower is the nearest place with decent vis ! Does any1 know what the vis is like this weekend ?

Hi all I'm fairly new to the sport live in Cardiff I think Gower is the nearest place with decent vis ! Does any1 know what the vis is like this weekend ?
Not sure about Gower Ceri. I'm stuck in bed with toothache from hell and half my face like a football!
Someone posted a picture of Broadhaven south in Pembrokeshire today which suggests the vis there is good. (see below). Let us know if you go in.
upload_2017-8-28_18-48-37.png

Nice pic mogsychief. Hope toothache gets better. Decent vis around pembs atm. 4-5m at st brides today. Took a bass. Not many about today though. Took a few hours to find a decent one.

Am i right that there is a ban on recreational bass fishing this year?

A few rumors not much in the way of facts yet. Bit of a joke restricting recreational fishing considering the tiny amount caught compared to the humongous tonnage of fish caught commercially.

There are other fish in the sea of course: grey mullet, pollock, plaice, sole, codling, trigger fish, garfish, mackerel, ... Not forgetting other sea-life/seafood, like lobster, crab, squid, cuttlefish, shell fish,...

Last edited:
I probably take less than 10 a year. Be a bit hard if bass of a lifetime swims by and not allowed to take it. Suppose could dpend more time after lobster this year.

Tried St Brides on Friday. I knew it was a long shot. Not good. One meter viz and still freezing. Got serious brain freeze in my hooded surfing suit! Here's to more settled conditions and great 2018 season:)

Reactions: denian and foxfish
St Brides this afternoon. Viz OK at about 5mtrs. A couple of pollock about with sand eels and bait fish but not much else. Nice to be back in though

Reactions: ashbish
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT