• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in Bahrain-or khobar,dammam

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

GTI

Apr 10, 2005
Hi :
Lately I've been transfered from Jeddah to Khobar ,any one doing spear fishing in this part of the gulf,please contact me iwagdy@hotmail.com:)

you're not going to like spearing in the gulf as compared to the red sea :( shallow, sandy, and horribly over fished.

try south, towards Qurraya.

Thx ,for the reply,I know it's not gona be like Jeddah but I miss spearfishing too much almost 5 months now without after weekly spear fishing trips for the last 5 years,thx,

if you can get a boat out of Jubail, try Kiran Island. it's a overnight trip for sure, and keep an eye out for tigers (lots there) but some good chances at Bonita, Cannad, and other pelagics.

Hi!

I found your emain address on Deeperblue.com

I might be moving to Saudi Arabia soon and I'd like to know how is freediving/spearfishing there. I have the choice between Jeddah and Dammama, and I really need to continue deep freediving training, so I wonder how is access to deep waters, visibility, buddies...

Thanks a lot!

Walid Boudhiaf

Hi Walied :
As you might have seen from my post before Jeddah on the red sea has much more diving activities then Dammam,visability is also better in Jeddah,take care,:t

Thanks for the info!
actually, I made a mistake, it was not Jeddah, but Al Baha, which I think is not so far way from the Red Sea, how are the sea conditions there?
Cheers,

Walid

Never been to Baha before but ,if it is on the red sea ,I think it will be good for diving.:t

the Saudi coast of the Red Sea is a spearos paradise. skip the gulf, go red!

Hi GTI, i`ve been working in Manifa for over a year and used to dive around here up to now. This area is very risky now due to H2S discharge. So me and one of my colleague decided to go Bahrain next weekend. Do you know any suitable place for freediving and maybe spear fishing in there? Also you can join us.

Hi ,
certenly I would like to join you ,but I never been to spear fishing since I came to Khobar and didn;t try same in Bahrain,if you could find any help and information please let me know,Thx.

Hi folks! on the 8-9 th of January, me and my buddy are going to Bahrain to find suitable place to dive, we would like you to join us early in the morning or 7 th january night.
GTI and SAMOLOGY u can contact me from
floknroll@gmail.com
GSM: +966 534512068

Last edited:
there are some decent places to free dive around khobar but it is aliitle work. I used to live there but am up in Ras Tanura now. The Vis is poor and the currents can rip but there are fish and the water is shallow so if you can dive to 30 feet you are all set. The key is to look for rocks near deep water. In Khobar that is best found in halfmoon bay. Start at the desal plant and work your way down the coast looking for rocks and then get wet. like I said it is a little work but Ive gotten some real good fish this way. once you have found the spots it will be easier next time. Your most common fish will be Hamour (grouper) Sobaity (sea Bream) and Sheheri (Snapper) Ive only seen snapper in a few places in Halfmoon and they are real skittish but they are there. there are Queen fish and some others as well but the first three was what I saw the most.

Last edited:
Thank you fat kid for valuable informations,how r u doing in Ras Tanorah is it better than Khobar ,:p

the water here is extremely shallow usually about 3 to 4 meters. and it is very flat with no structure to hunt so it has been tough. I have also been so busy I didnt even make it out last season at all. But I have met a few more spearos and hope to be a lot more active this season!!!!!!

it was awful! We could not find any place to dive. So we went back to Half Moon on friday but it was so crowded, headed south of The Bay finally manage to get wet. Nice vision but nothing worth to see and depth was max. 4 meter :(.

We have been advised a new place in Khafji, near Kuwait border, next Friday will be new attempt I`ll let you guys know.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT