• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in Bahrain-or khobar,dammam

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
the water here is extremely shallow usually about 3 to 4 meters. and it is very flat with no structure to hunt so it has been tough. I have also been so busy I didnt even make it out last season at all. But I have met a few more spearos and hope to be a lot more active this season!!!!!!

head down to the shore line around the golf course, go at dawn and patrol the shallows, right behind the surf. big Dentex (sobaity) cruise there for the mullet. they are VERY spooky, so move slow. a 90-100cm Euro works great.

I took a few large canad right off the outflow of the golfcourse creek. LOTS of flatheads in the sand around there too.

further out, cruise the sand flats for bonita and sheiry.

the "little pole" just off the anchor drive cresent seems to collect a lot of flat head, sheiry and fasker. again, cruise the sand and marle, and be very attentive, the sheiry are excellent at camouflage, but will flash when spooked.

night spearfishing is amazing in that area for cuttlefish and big catfish.

there is LOTS of great spearfishing off the RT beach, you just have to work hard for it.

Last edited:
Hi Gents!

Only found this site & forum today and must say I am glad to have found a couple of spearos in Saudi!

I am based in Riyadh but travel to Jubail/Dammam/Khobar regularly, and was thinking of getting some kit to go hunting, any suggestions on where to get suitable kit at good prices? I have the normal snorkelling kit but my fins needs replacing, saw some great ones on teh sperfishing program available on Orbit/Showtime that comprises a seemingly kevlar-type blade. In any event, I would definitely need a gun, float etc.

I have seen some stuff at Red Sea Divers' shop in Riyadh but have the feeling that Khobar/Dammam &/or maybe Bahrain might have better stocked shops at good prices.

Thanks in advance for you feedback!

After getting the kit ........ anyone up for a hunt to show me around, haven't been spearing in yonks!

Cheers!!

there is a big shop in khobar called "Al Khorif" for all diving and spearfishing gear ,its located in Al Rakah area in the cars mull between khobar and dammam kornish road,currently I'm working also in Riyadh but going to khobar on weekends ,but for over 2 years never been spearfishing in th gulf,but will be galde to discuss any futuer trip arrangment ,bey

Thanks for the quick response GTI!

I will go & take a look and as soon as I am kitted out with the basics we should set up something to go get those guys that Amphibious is talking about!

Hello all

new to Riyadh also. I am going back to Greece end of May and I am planning to bring my gear back.

Anyone else interested or any info update will be highly appreciated.

Due to distance the gulf area seems to be easier for me too.

Hey guys im new to spear fishing i want to buy some gear and im looking for spear fishing friends im currently in Dammam call if you guys are planning 0549147541

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT