• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in Cork, Ireland

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

crashball

May 4, 2007
I will be spearfishing in the Cork area this Summer, I have been freediving for many years however I have only recently taken up the speargun. I would be targeting moslty Bass and edable species. I would also be taking some trips down to kerry and west Cork. If there is anyone in the Cork Region interested in joining me for a few sessions I would love to hear from you.

Cheers.

Hi Crashball,
Do a search for Huan here on db, haven't seen him around lately but hes based down that side of the country and is very knowledgeable regarding regulations/sites etc.

hi crashball,i live and dive in west cork.contact me to discuss spearfishing together.

Hello,

My name is Bittor and I'm from North of Spain.
I'm writting to you because I practice spearfishing since I was 12 years old, now I'm 34.
My girlfriend is from Cork, and I came to visit her family several times per year, always during the winter, but, this year I'm coming in August, so, I'm checking for good spearfishing spots around Cork and there is no information, here almost nowbody practice that.
It will be nice if you can inform me about where to go, and if we can dive together,that will be perfect.
What i'm trying to find are rocky places, and it depends of the conditions ,of course, but I'm comfortable diving until 20/22 meters depth.

my E-mail is bittorm@yahoo.es

Thanks a lot

Hi live in Cork and looking to take up spearfishing. Need too get more freedive experience first. (can scuba and have some freedive in the past) Any freedivers/spearos in Cork interested in buddying up with a rookie.

Hi Crashball,
how was your summer in cork? I live in manchester and I've got a friend in cork. I'm gonna visit him soon and I would like to spearfish as well so I was wondering how was your holiday.
Does anybody know something about cork?
Thanks in advance
Dario

Hi Dario, is your friend in Cork city? If so then Donnachad knows that area better than me. I mostly dive the area from the "Old Head of Kinsale" to Sherkin Island. This is West Cork. I sometimes go further afield too.
http://forums.deeperblue.net/uk-ireland/72377-ireland-spearing-2007-a.html
Check out above thread to get some idea what's about. If you fancy a trip out in West Cork PM me when you're over here and we can meet up for a dive or I can tell you some spots to try.
Further west again, Huan knows the Castletownbere area well. He didn't dive a lot last year, but I've a feeling he'll be in more this year, and he's very clued in about what's happening.

lads ill jump on that band wagon. live in cobh and mad for the spearing. contact me and we can buddy up this summer.

Question - Is that a CORK in 'yer pocket there laddy?

Answer - No it's a home-made speartip protector...But my father now...He know a wee bit more 'bout cork than me...He once had job at a cork factory in Cork Ireland - His job was makin' sure all the cork floated - He was the official "Cork Soaker"! rofl

Sorry...I know alot of cork soakin' jokes! :t Could'nt resist!

Last edited:
Hallo I live in Dublin, MAd for the spearing ,looking for budys fot this summer.

Hallo I live in Dublin, MAd for the spearing ,looking for budys fot this summer.

Hey, Living in dublin too, just bought my first spear, but been around water 4ever. Looking for some dive mates this summer. Anyone can send me a mail to hook up. Cheers, murrayjr.

Hi Kos,I live in Swords too.Do you know any good places to spear in Dublin.I havent had much luck spearing in Dublin yet,the vis is usually bad and I havent seen many fish around either.

i'll be in kinsale for a few days in a couple of weeks. i'm racing a yacht from torbay in uk to kinsale then on to treguier in brittanny and back to torbay.
may just have to try a bit of the black stuff while im there!
any good spearing spots in the kinsale area?? i'm bringing my gear with me.
anyone fancy meeting up pm me please

hello guys, I'm looking for someone spearfishing any place in Ireland, Ill be available since august

hi gloinx,
welcome to db. keep an eye on the page sunfish said. may start meeting in various places when the weather improves.

I am looking someone to spearfising preferably in Cork area, but i can travel any part of Ireland, have lot of free time,my email ;gloinx@hotmail.com

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT