• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in Germany

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Absolutely! Here in SoCal the airlines are well-trained on the finer points of international hunters flying with firearms (and spearguns). And since some of they are lawyers, trying to get into an argument about what the law says is fruitless. Just follow the federal procedure and keep your mouth shut. Even the Transportation Safety Admin guys are gun nuts! :D

İts not a problem flying with any type of firearm, its the explosive ammo they get funny about, all Types of firearms are taken into hold baggege, so you cant get at it anyway during flight(unless you are a Hollywood action film star). all it needs is a bag and labeled ,and as Vivien said , handed to special baggage.
Murat, ive flown many times from Ercan with SpearGuns so i Know there is not a problem here, you must get them to Record the outgoing though so you can bring it backLOL.

While we are at this topic:
About 20 years ago, when I was a little kid, my father bought me an AK47 toy assault rifle in Hungary. Aware that it is just a toy made of plastic he put it into his hand luggage. Of course they x-rayed his bag at the airport. In contrast to what my father expected the toy rifle was displayed very clearly on the screen. Needless to say that two security guys took him 'gently' aside.
Hehe, I wish I could have seen their faces when they scanned his bag :D

Someone of the crew took his bag and my father got it back in germany.

Hi,i am Russian and i live in Berlin (Russia is just way tooooo dirty for me).
One time i went into a diving center and asked if they have spearguns AND if it is legal in Germany to spearfish etc.
MY GOD, this guy went really rude!he said "My children want to see fish too!!!get your self a cam etc. ..bla...bla..bla..!!!."
I just went out with out any words. (they all think that each one of us killed 10,0000 of fish?!we dont throw them away,we eat them)
i would just recomend, NEVER try to do illigal spearfishing in Germany. The cops wount even "close one eye" if you give them 1000€.

-*-

I am in Mallorca now (10.29.05) and i have NOT seein any thing big to eat (only small schools of about 20 cm fish that i saw yesterday!wow :hmm !) SO, i just have a off
topic question (sorry :hungover )about Mallorca if some body knows. Can you arginize a hunt, by going into a diving club or so (so some fisher guy shows you some good places and stuff....with a boat...).???????

and seriously german rivers are sooo filled up with crap that there are not many places for a good spearhunt!

alexanderXP said:
Hi,i am Russian and i live in Berlin (Russia is just way tooooo dirty for me).
One time i went into a diving center and asked if they have spearguns AND if it is legal in Germany to spearfish etc.
MY GOD, this guy went really rude!he said "My children want to see fish too!!!get your self a cam etc. ..bla...bla..bla..!!!."
I just went out with out any words. (they all think that each one of us killed 10,0000 of fish?!we dont throw them away,we eat them)
i would just recomend, NEVER try to do illigal spearfishing in Germany. The cops wount even "close one eye" if you give them 1000€.

I really can imagine this situation! rofl rofl rofl
So, Don't talk about spearfishing with any german scuba diver!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT