• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in north east England

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Nice clear water, that second fish is a bit small though!
I just dont understand why you guys shoot flatfish at such high risk of losing the fish & damaging your spear, why not just hand spear the fish?

I prefer shooting as well rather than a sedentary thrust. I also don't like the idea of wrestling a fish flapping around on the spear of a loaded gun.

If anyone is around, I may try to get out on either Wednesday or Friday if anyone wants to join me.

Cheers

Glad everyone enjoyed the vid :)

Moto it's a omer float, the one where you can attach your gun to the bottom, also there are pockets for a torch, catch bag and fish stringer :)

Hey guys,

Anyone fancy a dive this Sunday?

Could be tempted:), where you thinking Dave? I haven't been down for over a week but would imagine the vis must have been real bad S of the Tweed?

I've got a BBQ on Sat so can't really commit but let me know through FB on Sat if you're going out. If my head is ok I'm planning to get out somewhere off the shore or yak.
Still haven't managed a good go at the last venue we were looking at but been hearing good reports.

Cheers

Grant

Could be tempted:), where you thinking Dave? I haven't been down for over a week but would imagine the vis must have been real bad S of the Tweed?

I've got a BBQ on Sat so can't really commit but let me know through FB on Sat if you're going out. If my head is ok I'm planning to get out somewhere off the shore or yak.
Still haven't managed a good go at the last venue we were looking at but been hearing good reports.

Cheers

Grant

Grant,

I was thinking that kind of location for an afternoon shore dive - if it stays like this, the vis will be perfect. I will hopefully be out Saturday evening for a walk/swim somewhere so will try to get an accurate vis report before confirming. Failing that, we do need to pencil in a potential night dive if this weather holds for a while :)

Enjoy the BBQ!

Dave

Sun afternoon sounds good, providing I don't enjoy myself too much at the BBQ :).

id love to join you but got a wedding weekend over at preston.... missing my dive clubs weekend away too... not a happy chap... but a few beers after the wedding and i will be..lol... let us know if u do another, need to get in the water.....

Dave and I had a nice afternoon at Beadnell =)

Attachments

• IMG00082.jpg
    IMG00082.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 221
Hi Guys,

Forgive me for not being on here for a while but work commitments and a family saga to deal with.
Excellent footage Merrington, is that with a go pro.
I actually managed to get all of my new gear wet on a long weekend to Ireland but the weather was against us and I remain a Spearo virgin. :-(
Weather permitting, I'm going to make a trip up to Beadnell later this week or early next week if anyone's interested. I live in South Shields but don't mind picking anyone up if they don't have a car. The only thing you'll have to put up with is my bad taste in music and a succession of stupid questions. All the gear no idea.

hi chalkie, i could be up for it, but cars ferked and i live otherside of durham, let me know when and where and we can see...

Sorry to hear that Chalkie, hope you got everything sorted! Just checked the webcams and conditions look appalling this morning :( May be worth giving it a few days of settled weather.

No problem moto, I could pick you up, it's not that far. Looking at the weather and the fact that I go on hol next Thursday I'm going to pencil it in for Tuesday. What do you reckon.
Everything returning to norm Daffyd thanks.

Anyone got plans for tomorrow ?

Im going to get in somewhere but guessing it may be a bit milky after another week of E wind and swell.

Can't wait for the summer to really kick in - its going to be an awesome season.

Anyone got plans for tomorrow ?

Im going to get in somewhere but guessing it may be a bit milky after another week of E wind and swell.

Can't wait for the summer to really kick in - its going to be an awesome season.

Hi Grant, I was thinking of going in at South Shields at low tide around 09:30 ish. Not that I expect to see much but just to get some time in the water ask I've only ever been in twice. Probably not what you want to hear mind but that's my plan......

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT