• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in north east England

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
some where between Sunderland and Blythe but willing to go further afield if the weather is right most likely do a few trips around marsden bay if we have the weather only got a week off wana make the most of it

Hey, i'm in monkseaton and looking to get into free diving, and maybe spearfishing later on. I'd love to tag along with someone at some point, but at the moment im just trying to figure out what thickness suit i'm gonna need for year-round(ish) diving off tynemouth

Hey, i'm in monkseaton and looking to get into free diving, and maybe spearfishing later on.

I've got a 5mm cressi open cell that does me fine year round you will struggle this time of year with viz tho I was in a couple of weeks back maybe 2 ft viz not much good for the spears

yeah im thinking a 5mm tecnica or tracina, got a bit of saving up to do first but i hope to be sorted by the end of march

hey, im new to spear fishing, i was wondering if any one would like to help me show me the ropes haha around north/south shields area :)

hey, im new to spear fishing, i was wondering if any one would like to help me show me the ropes haha around north/south shields area :)

Hey Gee117 I'm from South Shields there's a few of us spearfishing round hear now between Whitburn and st Mary's viz is rubbish at the mo but your welcome to come along with us when It gets better

that would be brilliant! erm, is there like a FaceBook group for you guys or some way to keep in touch?

NEWSFLASH: F*CKING COLD

So I managed the first outing of the year on Friday and the general consensus was cold...very cold. It was so bad that I did have to check my driving license to remind me what my gender was post dive! It was a typical early season dive that did not feel remotely fishy but it did clear a few Christmas cobwebs.

Hopefully Friday PM will allow a small vis window if this glorious weather stays settled.

I will give you a message once there's some viz Gee not on Facebook at the mo sorry

Where did you manage to get in was there any viz DafyddRees?

Absolutely nothing matey! I did not even bother putting a gun in my car so entertained my self with snooping under a few ledges, kidding myself that I would find a cod in a crevice.

I had a pop down South Shields beach today viz is slowly getting better probs a meter at the mo I hope your right about some viz this weekend a can't wait to get back in. Where abouts are you divin

Thanks for the update, I may pick your ear come Friday for a more up-to-date vis report :)

I have fished most of the Northumberland coast and have a few favoured spots that are very sheltered so my Mrs feels comfortable getting in but have not really explored any deeper marks due to lacking a serious spearo buddy as Broseidon never feels like making a trip oop Norf!

I found myself quite surprised to see some people fishing over towards Sunderland way around the gares and having relatively successful trips but I do not fancy fishing there in the slightest hah.

I want to start heading up north as there's to much silt around the mouth of the tyne takes ages for the water to clear we need to get a northeast meet arranged once there's some viz bit of networking for some dive buddy's

Reactions: Gee117
Walked the dog down to st mary's this afternoon, water didnt look too murky. Got most of my kit together, just waiting on my fins, looking forward to getting out for a swim at least.

am of up to check the viz north of the Tyne st Mary's and work me way up if it's any good am going to get me kit for a dive this afternoon

about 1ft viz at st Mary's not even guna bother heading up the cost if it's like this

Didn't look good at Collywell today

Attachments

• DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: DafyddRees
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT