• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in PA - NAgs Head

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pa Teeny

Mar 10, 2004
I am new to this. I am hooked up with my best friend to fish near nags head and we were frustrated with line shy fish not biting so being a hunter we are going to give this new sport a try.:D

I bought a mask, snorkle and finns -waiting on them. Have not bought the speargun Yet. waiting and reading more information- any input would be appreciated. I will be hunting freshwater low vis and saltwater. The last time out we could see 40-50 feet. Lots of fish no biting of our lines. They would come up to surface to see waht was going on? I think they were cobia, did see large barracudas. Did anyone ever get hit from one? Just checking.

I did see an Oneal suit at Sam's club for 35$ an open leg and arms 3ml. Should of bought it! I will go back and get it? The fresh waters in Pennsylvania do not warm until July. Any suit information would be appreciated? Saw those Wisconsin nuts in ice covered lakes.

I will send picture later last time it would not work.

I have dived in PA water even in early spring w/ a 5-mil Cressi Competition (a little under $200) in relative comfort.

I have gone in with a 3mm jumpsuit (Tilos) much later in the season and experienced extreme discomfort, so I'd say that a 5mm freediving suit is a must-have for most PA diving. Sometimes a 5mm suit gets just a little too warm on the surface in the summer, but that's easily fixed by letting some water in -- and it beats the alternative.

For stream snorkeling, a 5mm is fine in winter (plus you need serious gloves and socks). In the summertimer, in some streams, you use a t-shirt and shorts. Other streams (e.g. limestone streams) run cold year-round.

Not sure that I could see much use for a shortie in PA -- the ground water averages 55 degrees F, so if you go deep it gets cold very quickly.

hi
i'm looking any place (lake or river) wher i can spearfish in nj or pa
I usualy go to seaside park in nj but waves are to big in this year If somebody know any place i will be happy to hear that

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT