• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in the UAE

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

The Killer's me

Ecologically Selective
Dec 15, 2005
Anybody out there who is spearfishing in Dubai?I am new here and i am hungry for advice...where to spearfish and/or is it Legal to spear in the UAE??

*Cheers*

Anybody out there who is spearfishing in Dubai?I am new here and i am hungry for advice...where to spearfish and/or is it Legal to spear in the UAE??

*Cheers*
hi there i am new here in dubai, just arrived 2 monthes ago and try to look for somebody who spearfishes here in dubai. as you were i am now dead hungry for advice heheheh i would appreciate if you can replay
Cheers
Gianluca
e-mail :gpetraccini@yahoo.it

hi sun seeker....well i am new also in this forum hehehe so what PM means? public message? or......

i don't know how this forum works so i try again to send you a mess. may be this one is a public message isn't it

HELLO Colleaques!

MY NAME IS ALEKSEJ.
ME AND 2 MY FIRENDS - SPEARFISHERS, GOING TO UAE FOR SPEARFISHING END OF FEBRUARY.
I DO NOT KNOW WERE BETTER TO GO KAR FAKKAN, DIBBA OR FUJARJAH OR EAST COAST?.
CAN YOU ADVICE SOME GOOD SPOTS?
WHAT IS SITUATION WITH RED BACTERAS?
WHICH PLACES ARE LEGAL (AS I UNDERSTAND 2KM FROM SHORE)?
WERE I CAN GET LICENCE?
CAN YOU ADVICE SOME CHEAP ACCOMODATION…?
ALSO I WILL BE HAPPY TO SPEARFISH WITH SOMONE OF YOU, I DO NMOT HAVE A BOAT, BUT I CAN PAY FOR IT.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
ALEKSEJ

Hello there man

Welcome on DB and to UAE...
I dived before in DIBA KHORFAKKAN and it is nice place with coral reefs... Honestly regarding the red bacteria and for any other question you can contact 0504537378 his name is Captain Rashed he has boat and knows about spots to dive and he is nice guy and may answer your questions regarding accomodation and the bacteria...

Wish you good spearing

Hello there man

Welcome on DB and to UAE...
I dived before in DIBA KHORFAKKAN and it is nice place with coral reefs... Honestly regarding the red bacteria and for any other question you can contact 0504537378 his name is Captain Rashed he has boat and knows about spots to dive and he is nice guy and may answer your questions regarding accomodation and the bacteria...

Wish you good spearing

Thanks a Lot.

Thanks a lot

I will call to Captain Rashed .
What about people, are they frendly to european?

Do you mean that there is reef in Diba?
Is it allowed to spear on reef?
What do you think is it good time to go there in February?
I have 3 suit 3,5,7,mm, which one is optimal?

Thanks
Aleksejs

Last edited:
Hello There

I forget the international extension for DUBAI +971-50-4537378, but be careful sometimes we eat euorpian people :D (Bad Joke I Know) :D honestly many euorpian people are here and in general people in UAE are friendly... For Feb about spearfishing someone else should answer this question for me i just bring my speargun and go spearfishing... I am using Beauchat Mondial 3.5 mm and hardly i can feel the water but maybe because i have thick skin :D:D i think 3.5 mm is enough...

Hope this is helping

Best wishes in your diving and spearing

Thanks.

Hope that nobody eat us:). But we do :):):)
But just better to know your traditions and culture to avoid stupid mistakes. We are goind to use 100sm Imersion, Is it any problem to bring speargun thru border, any documents required? Do you spearfish aroun Dubai or vest copast as well? As I understand no problem with camping on beach there?

Thanks,
Aleksej

My friend people are nice here and you can camp but do not get involved with alcohol...
about speargun through border i never tried it, but other people they just ship it this is what i know so far... We dive around DUBAI, but there is only one spot behind sheraton JEWAN took me there before. There is one more spot in DUBAI friend told me about it near to Jumaira Zoo but i never been there...

Some people were they face situations that coast gaurds pass by them and asked them to keep buoy this is what i know...

other people got more info about such situations... But all advice will be not to spear in Abu Dahbi

All best

OK

We are not alcoholics, do not worry:)
Did you spearfish around Dubaj from shore or from boat?
I read that it shall be 2km outside shore.
Is there good fish?

Aleksej

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT