• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in the UAE

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Pioner, at the moment Im using a 3mm overall and a 5 mm top in Dubai, water temp is around 19-21 degrees...

Aleksej, I've flown in spearguns through Dubai aiport on numerous occasions, totally legal, no paperwork required at the airports...but to be honest, Im not sure the law clearly states whether you can actually use the guns or not, I know spearos who have been given verbal warnings by the coast guard to get out of the water.

Last edited:
Tarpon Kingpin
user_online.gif

Thanks for reply.

Do you spearfish around Dubai or another spots as well?
What is about visibility, is water clear around Dubai?
Can you advice good spot in Dubai?

We most likely will go to Vest Coast.

Aleksej

I've only been in Dubai for a few months now and Im still trying to make sense of the waters...from what I've seen so far, its the Easterly winds that disturb the visibility. Once at the bottom, you can get up to 2 meters vision in those conditions, just enough to hurl in a jack...otherwise visibility isnt so bad. Let me know if you'll be diving off a boat or not before I recommend some sites.

Tapron

We will see. Most likely we will go from coast, but also we are going to take a boat (at leatst one time). We do not have our boat so we will try to rent some.

You can pull off a 3mm top + bottom combo, though Tarpons set-up is probably better for east since its slightly colder.

Careful of currents, make sure the captain knows to keep an eye on you.

You can pull off a 3mm top + bottom combo, though Tarpons set-up is probably better for east since its slightly colder.

Careful of currents, make sure the captain knows to keep an eye on you.

Thanks for advice.

We most likely will take 3mm suit and 5 mm jacket in case it needed.
Is it dangerous to go nightime with flaslight?
Can you advice good spot around Dibba?

Dibba is good all around from what I hear, but I dont know spots there. I personally wouldnt reccomend flash lights due to needle fish in the east coast. They attack sources of light in the dark. and Ive seen metre long ones :)

On top of that I know a nasty story about barracuda attacking at night (after being speared)

Dive safe.

Btw there are 3 dibbas, omani, sharjah, and Fuijaira. Know the laws, as Oman prohibits spearing.

dxb.night

Oh... Story about niddle fish attack probably stop us from night spearing, howewer I read that some people do it. here it is popular.
Regarding Oman prohibits for spearing, as mucjh I understood UAE also not allowed, no licence... nothing....

hi guys count me in, actually i just made group chats on whatsapp were we can gather, we can rent a boat, making friends with same passion for spearfishing, teaching and sharing ideas. Hope we can make a group were everyone is welcome :) kindly add me on whatsapp 0566507917.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT