• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearing north wales

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hello guys, firstly thanks for this thread, very interesting from a newbie.

I am new to spear fishing. I have recently moved from Lincolnshire to Valley in Anglesey and have decided to invest in a speargun and kit and see what sort of sport I have over the Spring and Summer, would be very grateful if I could have any info on safe spots to start and any gen on conditions that your experience shows is worth/isn't worth going out in the water…

Anything would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello guys, firstly thanks for this thread, very interesting from a newbie.

I am new to spear fishing. I have recently moved from Lincolnshire to Valley in Anglesey and have decided to invest in a speargun and kit and see what sort of sport I have over the Spring and Summer, would be very grateful if I could have any info on safe spots to start and any gen on conditions that your experience shows is worth/isn't worth going out in the water…

Anything would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ed welcome to DB , i am on Anglesey so let me know if i can help / meet up etc. As bro said - this is the old thread , post on the new one.

Hi
I have some questions about bands.
I have omer cayman G.I 90cm with one band 16.5 mm and I want to put another one band, but I don't know what band to put.
Can sb help me choose band??
Pls answer!!

Hi,
I need help with choose a wetsuit.
Can sb tell me where is difference between scuba wetsuit and spearfishing wetsuit, and can I buy scuba wetsuit for spearfishing????
Have a nice day

No you want to buy a 5mm two piece spearfishing suit with open cell inside. (Unlined)
It will be less buoyant, more flexible and very warm.
If you are a average size, you can buy one off the self as they are quite flexible but, a custom made to measure suit would be the ultimate choice.

No you want to buy a 5mm two piece spearfishing suit with open cell inside. (Unlined)
It will be less buoyant, more flexible and very warm.
If you are a average size, you can buy one off the self as they are quite flexible but, a custom made to measure suit would be the ultimate choice.
Yea, but I want to know where is the difference between wetsuit for diving and spearfishing wetsuit?
Have a nice day

A spearfishing suit is more fexible so you have more feddom of movement, it has a smooth skin iinside that sticks to your skin that stops cold water flushing in when you duck dive.
It is made from dense neoprene that is not so buoyant so you need less weight on your belt..
It has pads to help loading your gun and comes in many colours or camo pattern.
However if you want to spearfish in a scuba suit you can, it just won’t be as refined for the purpose.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT