• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearing north wales

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
:kingHave a healthy happy fishy Christmas boys n girl ! And lets hope the new year brings us nicer weather some scallops and more fish!I'm not asking to much am I Santa?All the best near and far.

Anyone see the sea?How bad is it ? Should be even thinking of going Monday? Weather doesn't look good south westerlys rain etc .....Will Holyhead harbour be messed up ?Maybe I should continue building the fat reserves .Ho Ho Ho.Any one get any nice things of Santa?I got a very very nice filleting knife (Robert Welch) and a big box of plasters to go with it!!!

Last edited:
Has anyone actually done any spearing in the coldest months? Are there any fish around at all or do people just not get in because it's so f'king cold?

Has anyone actually done any spearing in the coldest months? Are there any fish around at all or do people just not get in because it's so f'king cold?

I'll go scalloping but wouldn't bother trying to spear - no viz and almost no fish. You might get lucky on a night dive but I'm not up for that when I only have tent to go back to rofl

Roll on May!

Came across a great lobster catching video - really useful! Teaches you that you need to be quick, quick, quick... if you can actually find lobsters in the first place rofl

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5breN8h-do]Chasse sous marine, Homards au cap gris nez .mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Hell, they just seem to be strolling about everywhere. He's pretty fearless, going at them head on, I bet he's been pinched a few times.

I had one pop its claws off last year like at 1:45 in the video. Basically as I went to grab it it tried to swim backwards and I ended up grabbing it across the claws.

Definitely buddy, we'll have to round up the boyo's and get it in the diary - after last year, when Twinky declared that he hated North Wales, I think we might be headed somewhere new!

Definitely buddy, we'll have to round up the boyo's and get it in the diary - after last year, when Twinky declared that he hated North Wales, I think we might be headed somewhere new!

I think that after the last day when I out fished you all I changed my mind somewhat! Still a nice trip down to the west country for you guys might be nice...especially now I've found my shore dive spot with lots (and I mean lots) of double figure bass that if you are lucky I 'might' show you!!

Count me in wherever we go tho....west coast Scotland is a possible maybe? Oh and don't worry about tecdave, he can sleep in the awning by himself we'll all cosy up in the sleeping compartments again, but only if you don't forget the milo!!!

Reactions: DafyddRees
I think that after the last day when I out fished you all I changed my mind somewhat! Still a nice trip down to the west country for you guys might be nice...especially now I've found my shore dive spot with lots (and I mean lots) of double figure bass that if you are lucky I 'might' show you!!

Count me in wherever we go tho....west coast Scotland is a possible maybe? Oh and don't worry about tecdave, he can sleep in the awning by himself we'll all cosy up in the sleeping compartments again, but only if you don't forget the milo!!!

Twinkles - good to hear from you buddy! Ah yes, your triumphant out fishing... sub-1lb bass don't count mate, I keep telling you that!

I just want to make my voice heard on the matter of locations... West Scotland... no. Never, ever happening. I went close to Scotland once; it almost gave me cancer. Having spent three years in incarceration in darkest Durham, I am now allergic to going anywhere remotely Northern.

The West Country sounds glorious - I'm up for going anywhere on the South Coast - Dorset, Devon, Cornwall etc. Of course, I'm not adverse to a spot of the Llyn but going South sounds nice.

Do not worry, I'll bring Milo - and bananas to dip in it!

Reactions: DafyddRees
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT