• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearing north wales

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
What are you on about? You've never lived until you've been eaten alive by Scottish midges that can infiltrate any mosquito net on a tent. Character building :)

What are you on about? You've never lived until you've been eaten alive by Scottish midges that can infiltrate any mosquito net on a tent. Character building :)

.......and ticks that get in the creases on your nut sack.....:-(

North Wales it is then! Hell no am I taking a 70L icey tec on the train for 7 hours, stinking of piss and fish slime all the way back up North. I was grumpy on the first day of the trip last year, imagine how sour I would be after an epic voyage from the north! Did you guys provide ANY thing of use for that trip other than the Winky's tent and the milo?

Secondly, Winky - you neither caught the biggest fish or the most species so I have no idea how you came to that conclusion... being sick on the beach must have dehydrated you to the point of delirium!

Where is Tecdave when you need him!?

Daf, I know i didn't catch the biggest or most species but I did get the most on the last day hence my comment...out fished on the last day!!

Oh and don't forget I provided the sleeping accommodation as well as the hours of great chat and banter.....

Ladies, ladies!

We all know that Dafydd is scared of trains - come to mine and I'll drive us, you sausage! Whatever, I'm happy with North Wales, though.

I seem to remember bringing quite a lot to last year - a plethora of very expensive, useless torches, milo, bananas, more milo, epic sea knowledge, no spearguns, a blow-up mattress, exceptional good looks, amazing chat and I'm sure, some culinary skills.

I seem to recall being the only one not to chunder on the beach after playing in the waves and the only one to catch bass every day rofl

Reactions: apneaboy
Here!! Well I did bring the sushi ingredients... Minus the fish!!! Would be better a little later in the year when the fish can be counted on a bit more!!

Well if no one wants to travel it looks like it'll be making the 6 hour journey then...Llyn it is!

I agree dave, late summer would be best, more fish and better (hopefully) weather.

What about both? I'm up for both early and late Summer. What about early Summer up on the Llyn, late Summer down on the South Coast?

South coast count me too as I will move back to south of England at the end of February!:t

Looks awesome mate - unfortunately I'm at Henley that week - would definitely have been up for it otherwise! Bummer.

South coast count me too as I will move back to south of England at the end of February!:t
Welcome back Dario! :) South of England? Don't forget to leave some fish for the rest of us to catch ;). Hey, can you do me a good deal on a Polosub wetsuit? ;)

Welcome back Dario! :) South of England? Don't forget to leave some fish for the rest of us to catch ;). Hey, can you do me a good deal on a Polosub wetsuit? ;)

Sure I will leave plenty and to be honest I don't think I will easily match my north wales results so easily without knowing spots, good tides conditions etc. Quite excited to learn though! :) And Even more excited to possibly hunt some cod as well! :p

With Polo Sub we are offering discounts for BSA members (Links) and Freedive UK customers (Equipment « « Freedive UK - Aida freediving school Freedive UK – Aida freediving school). If you are any of these we will be happy to award you a discount. ;) Hopefully more collaborations will come in the future.

And as a previous happy polo sub customer I can say that the suit itself is the real deal.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the viz is like over North Pembs, particularly between Newport and St. David's area.

I was down there the other week but viz was shite. Problem is I travel 2.5 hours to my sites and would be helpful if I could network with folk who regularly dive that area. Big pisser travelling that far to find viz has turned against me.

Cheers

Pud:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT