• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearo.co.uk... Where's Dave?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

GRAYMAN

Oct 7, 2009
My parents have kindly ordered me a spear gun through the Spearo.co.uk site. However, since the order (a little over a week ago) there's been no gun and no contact.

My dad and I have left messages on the mobile, also emailed. No response. Main reason being to save the postage as my dad lives nearby but now more because no contact and a Paypal payment's gone out!

Anyone know where Dave is or have a home number? My dad's gonna try a door knock now we've found his address.

Cheers

G

Grayman, dont worry dave is a busy man and im sure he will get you sorted with the gun! hes not a theif!

Reactions: Pastor
Grate shop grate guy and grate service but sometimes you have to wait for it all.

An email or phone call can't be too hard can it? Customer care and all that... On the other hand Dave has served me well in the past. Maybe he's on holiday?

Reactions: foxfish
surely it doesnt matter how busy you are you would be able to answer a phone lol not the first time this has cropped up either

Reactions: foxfish
Dave wont let you down but remember he is just a small business and while his service is second to none most of the time the guy is entitled to some time off for stuff like holidays and other such inconveniences.
I can understand the hurry, the spearing conditions are perfect at the moment!

I too have never had a problem getting stuff and am sure he's a fine fella, however, my parents went around and got an abrupt Dave saying he's "been away".

Fair enough, but if you're running a business and you're out of action, at least set an answer phone message, email auto responder, note on the website.

Not hard is it?

G

however, my parents went around
roflroflrofl

Fair enough, but if you're running a business and you're out of action, at least set an answer phone message, email auto responder, note on the website.

Not hard is it?
Ah the vision of the young. Well the spearo community is a very small one, nearly everybody knows Dave as the brilliant guy he is, God alone knows the sport in the UK would be a lot further back without him. Unfortunately that same God brought Dave into this world in an age where information technology meant licking a stamp. Whilst it might not be hard for those young enough to have been brought up in a world where auto responders are commonplace, for old gits like Dave it is probably more hassle than it's worth. OK he could employ someone to do that for him but that would ultimately put £2 on to the price of your gun and my next one.

Reactions: Spear0Joe

I'm not going to get into an argumment because being a surf mat rider and kneelo I'm well aware of how small these worlds are and am sure Dave's done a lot and it's great to see he has friends who will clearly give him a break even when he's clearly in the wrong. However, setting up an auto response or an answerphone message is not techo whizz-kiddery, especially for someone who runs a website with PayPal trader tools etc.

Anyway, that's it for this. All we tried to do was get hold of a man who's recieved payment for something. I never suggested he was ripping us off but no response to people who've paid you nearly £100 is poor in anyone's book and if you looked at this objectively you'd say the same.

Finally. Don't patronize me. I'm 37 years old. My parents went around because they're buying the gun as a birthday present for me. They move house in 4 days so the gun would potentially go to the wrong address.

Anyway, small world which I have no interest in being part of. Spearing is mearly a passtime for when the surf's flat for me. Thanks for the help to those who've given it. I won't be back.

G

Last edited:
Reactions: Broseidon and Mr. X
Pastor are you calling me old? :martial

I mean I thought I was still a spring chicken being in my late 30'srofl

Grayman your points are very well taken and perhaps better sorted in-person with Dave. Don't go away mad, no one here wants anyone to have a bad experience and certainly not as a new member in the community.

Everyone is fiercely loyal to the sport and their pals - and I am confident that no one meant to dissuade you or to seem condescending.

I hope you have great success with your new gun and that you come back and post some pictures of the fish you take with it

cheers,

kp

Pastor are you calling me old? :martial

I mean I thought I was still a spring chicken being in my late 30'srofl
Wouldn't do that! I do think you're pretty crap at maths though, how old are you next birthday? Yes, 21 rofl Where did this late 30s thing come from? The way I heard it is they only let the young and beautiful into California

Eh Pastor, your that old they didn't even lick stamps back then, only windows rofl

I'm bored

Where the F*** is summer?

Hurry up I want to get some nice warm water diving in. 8 degrees is enough!

You can attempt to patronise me if you want, I can just ignore you all though cos I have a brain the size of a planet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Pastor
Quote apneaboy "cos I have a brain the size of a planet." Quote

Does you mean you have a brain the size of Uranus?

Sorry didn't mean to patronise you .

Dave.

Last edited:
Eh Pastor, your that old they didn't even lick stamps back then, only windows rofl
Must have been a good time then, now everyone just licks my ......... rofl

Hurry up I want to get some nice warm water diving in. 8 degrees is enough!

You can attempt to patronise me if you want, I can just ignore you all though cos I have a brain the size of a planet.
Why would I do that, you've suffered enough coming from Manchester

Posted via apneaboys Mobile Device

Senility is finally kicking in guys that sounded like.

Wamininimin waniminim wamininim blahdi blahdi blaaah

Blo blaa bla blo blaa blo blaaah

Oh Manchester, is wonderful oh Manchester is wonderful

Okal yokal cross bred old dodgers

See this thread is more fun now, one week until the extra hour BST here we come. But why is the water 4 degrees, its got colder ooop Norf!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
I see wellards set up an autoresponder rofl
Is that some sort of app on your phone that does that? Its very clever the way it pretends to sound just like you

Rofl

What would you know about mobile phone apps, you use one of those wind up jobs with the seperate hand set still

Strewth Manchester is getting in in both ends

I'm off to get my mates to get some help!

I'm back, I'm on my own rofl
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…