• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearo.co.uk... Where's Dave?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
ooooh! I am just sooo comforted by this thread. ordered a mtm wetsuit a bit over a month ago,not here yet...:hmm
Speargun came within the week tough...

I assume you got an elios , they take about 6 weeks to arrive at the best of times.

Aahhh...! (big sigh of relief:D). I was quoted up to four weeks deliverytime...Oh,bother,there goes my wet easter...

Buy direct for Elios, they're great to deal with - my two suits arrived in something like 3 weeks!

Ordered my MTM Elios from Dave in February and had an email today to say it will be delivered tomorrow. Great service once again. Cheers Dave.:)
Posted via Mobile Device

In Dave's defence, he sorted out my first cheapo learner gun and my Gabbiano perfectly :)

Hi guys,

Just wondering if spearo.co.uk is still in business?

My girlfriend tried ordering me a Seatec weight vest from the website but a few days later she got refunded without a word. She tried phoning a number but no one answered?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Just wondering if spearo.co.uk is still in business?

My girlfriend tried ordering me a Seatec weight vest from the website but a few days later she got refunded without a word. She tried phoning a number but no one answered?

Thanks!

Hi Dafydd,

Try emailing him I emailed him earlier today and got a reply today, I think it is best to email first - I have done this before buying anything and it has worked a treat...

Hope your missus gets through to him ok and you get your vest for Xmas!

Cheers

Ryan

FYI I just received an order from Scubaland.fr. I heard nothing for almost 2 weeks during the first snows & when I eventually asked if they'd shipped it they said "no" :(, one item was not in stock & they weren't sure when it would come in! (A quick email would have worked wonders - I'm usually not in hurry but its nice to know what's going on). Happily they offered me a free upgrade to a similar item that was in-stock (not really what I wanted but I have an alternate use for it) and the package came about 3-days later, very well packaged:).

Does anyone know what's going on with Dave, I ordered an Elios through him over 8 weeks ago. He has taken my money but won't reply to my emails, I have managed to get hold of him twice on the phone in the last 10 days, both times he told me he has just come back from his holidays, when I tried to press him he just hung up on me.

Contact with Elios has just referred me back to Dave.

Does anyone know Dave? Can any one help?

I just want my suit

Thanks

Eliossub wetsuits, direct or through spearo.co.uk, do normally take several weeks, although you'd think 8 weeks would be more than enough. I see the spearo website says:
"...please allow at least 4 weeks for delivery. During busy periods they may take longer. Please contact us for a leadtime if this will be a problem."

With everybody taking Summer holidays around now things might slow down further :(. Hope you get it in time to make use of it this summer.

[In general best to order out-of-season and allow lots of time].

BTW I thought legally, credit cards are not supposed to be debited until immediately before shipment of goods - certainly that was the case in the USA.

I have managed to establish contact. Lets just say that the summer rush had nothing to do with the delay and I will now be dealing with Elios direct.

I should get my suit within 10-12 weeks of placement of order. If I'm really lucky I might even get to dive in it this year. :-(

Reactions: podge
Sorry to hear it man alive; I've had 2 suits this year from elios DIRECT and they took much less time than that, so maybe you will be smiling soon...
What suit did you go for?

Jonny,

Yeh, a bit dissapointing, I still have my old suite, though it has a gaping hole in the leg. I'm still diving anyway.

As for which suit: I'd say the same suit you're wearing in your avatar. EDIT: smoothskin inner, nylon outer.

It just gets better! Elios have just infomed me of their August factory shut down. Earlest I can have my suit is 1st September.

Woe is me!

Reactions: Mr. X
Bro, I'd like to put that a little stronger and perhaps give you the full story, but this probabaly isn't the appropriate forum to start mud slinging..

Frustrated, Manchester.

No mate - post up the full story - it's more than appropriate!

If people are going to mess you around, you are WELL within your rights to say what happened - I'd be very interested to hear what went on.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT