• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearo.co.uk... Where's Dave?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I've been challenged to take the piss out of as many towns or cities north of Watford before midnight after having a go at Manchester and my own home town. I've thought about this and sadly I'm about to fall flat on my face, all I can think of now is bloody Manchester! Mate! I'm really sorry I shouldn't take the piss, you poor poor sod! There, being double teamed doesn't sound quite so bad now does it rofl

The home of Terry Christian and MUFC!, mate are you on drugs or summik?

Were ace!

I would reciprocate and take the mick of where you are, but I've no jokes about living in a field

Rofl

Oh yeah and that bloke who shakes his marracas for the Happy Mondays is from here too!
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: sunfish
I'll be in Manchester in 16 days time. Staying for 5 days. Going to be in the directors box at some football stadium for one of those days. Old Trafford or something? I know naff all about football I'm afraid. My wife says I gotta go. Still at least in the other 4 days I'll get a chance to look around. I hear there are some good museums. Looking forward to that.

Dave.

If you want to do a pool session or possibly even dive over to Wales for the day (ill have to check dates) let me know.

The imperial war museum nr Salford Quays is worth a visit and its near OT. Some good ones in the centre too.

Steve
Posted via Mobile Device

If you want to do a pool session
Steve
Posted via Mobile Device

If you get OMD in a swimming pool full of you soft northern apeanists all laying around on the bottom like a load of old flatfish he’s just as lightly to stick a spear in the lot of you.) Go on I dare you to take him for a swim at night in yer girly swimming pool with his torch and fins, and then we’ll see what’s what...!roflroflrofl

Rofl

Let's make it high noon. I've got a 90cm and 75cm and the cisco kid is with us and John Moorcroft.

He'll come out of there with more holes in him than your argument for Ynys Mon being a better place than Manchester. lol

Anyway shouldn't you be out drinking special brew with your mates outside the offy right now? A normal evening out on the hip hop happening island.
Posted via Mobile Device

read yer PM's.
to drunk to reply

Anyway, thanks for the banter lads, we should steal more threads and abuse each other.

I extent my hospitality to any of you if you find yourself over here. I also extend my hospitality as far as inviting myself to visiting whenever I'm around your neck of the woods

Laters

Steve
Posted via Mobile Device

Hic pissed again. Where is Dave anyway?
Thomasson, get your butt next to that PC and start answering your emails, look at what you started rofl
Night all

Hmmmmm...
I am still waiting for the remains of an order from Dave put in about 5 years ago at a guess.
After several emails a year when bored and a few calls with some frankly unlikely tales from Dave , I have given up.
I wont buy from him again.
Speaking of which who else apart from Dave can I get Mamba spare parts?

I should know better to get into this, but that statement seems contradictory. If you have to wait for it and can't even get an acknowledgement of an inquiry, then it isn't great service.
That was my thought too. If you followed the forum last year, there were several posts/threads of this sort. Some of the British spearingfishing equipment suppliers can be slow to respond, for whatever reason (busy? low stock levels?) - or even fail respond at all. It might be helpful if they set expectations about turnaround times at the time of ordering. I would suggest allowing 2-3 weeks for any spearfishing equipment order - maybe even "28 days". I can understand the original poster's concerns re. his particular situation but a week is not very long. I think some retailers place one large order for the start of the season (to get best pricing & reduce the cost of holding stock in the off-season) - which may not have turned up yet.

I believe Paypal allow you to cancel payment in the event of goods not being received - you might want to start the process. There are various steps and conditions, which you should follow even if you don't end up cancelling payment.

Apnea.co.uk in the channel islands (Jersey) have a retail store and appear to offer particularly good service - at least in my experience.

BTW talking about poor service in Britain, anybody tried using the cafe at Kimmeridge v. early in the season. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Reactions: foxfish
Apboy...Summer has been delayed due to foul mouthed sailor type language (and I have particular knowledge and ability in several languages) invading the ether-waves from your specific region. Big brother has you in his sights and will send hail, frogs, locusts, snow, sleet and mudslides in that order.:martial The only way to avoid the aforementioned consequences is to immidiately wash your mouth out with DIAL bar soap. Please report on any gastrointestinal mal-effects as soon as possible (as soon you can leave THE THRONE). :crutch BTW - would Stephen let us have a thread on how many slurs, swears, and down right aweful multilingual phrases we could come up with?

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Man Dave

blur blur blah blur blah blah blah.

If you want good service, buy from Apnea.co.uk.

/thread.

Seconded. Fantastic customer service!!!! Honest, friendly, no quibble............and they answer the phone.

Shame about the tax and shipping though.

So, errrr,...............where is Dave?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…