• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearo.co.uk... Where's Dave?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
OK, here goes.

I placed and order for a full custom suit 12/06/11. I received two queries regarding measurements 22/06/11 and 29/06/11 (turns out my girlfriend is a moron with a tape measure, seems I’m a 5’8” bloke with 20cm long arms. Guess I should’ve spotted that myself ), the latest was replied to on 01/07/11.

I then emailed Dave on 07/07/11 and 26/07/11 to enquire on delivery and received no response. The same happened with several phone calls and voice mails over the same period.

One day last week (02/08/11 - I think) I called Dave several times only to end up leaving a voice mail yet again. Shortly afterwards a friend called Dave from his own phone with an enquiry about another suit and Dave answers immediately. When my friend puts me on the phone, Dave he tells me he's just got back from his holiday and that he's unsure of the status, but assured me he would update me within the next day. Nothing happened.

Monday (07/08/11) this week I call Dave from my mobile and again receive no answer, so I call him from my home line and he answers, when I ask the situation he tells me that he's just come back from holiday. When I point out that he said that last week he shouts that he'll give me a refund and hangs up.

An enquiry to Elios on Monday informs me that Elios have been awaiting his response to a measurement query and that they have received no payment.

Email, text and phone calls to Dave are all met with silence. A stronger email and text informing Dave that I will start legal action to recover my money suddenly gets a response. He then offers to resolve the situation or return my money. He’s had his chance and blown it, so I’m getting my money back and am going to deal with Elios direct. I am, however, awaiting my refund, though this may just be in the banking ether. I will keep you posted on the refund status. My solicitor is on standby.

My calculation is that I will receive my suit 13-14 weeks after first placing the order, with adjustment for the measurement error, I make that 12 weeks.

On the whole a massively unsatisfactory experience.

You could of bought a diveskin custom made suit for about £130 delivered - my last one took two weeks from order to delivery!

Man alive, make sure you tell elios of the problems you've had, I'm sure you're not the only one and elios should know about their uk rep.
I think Emma Farrell can also sort you out elios wetsuits, but I can't see the point when you can buy direct (unless you can get a discount!).

Foxfish,

I've just recomplete my purchase with Elios, if only I'd seen your email about 20 minutes ago!!

I have explained this to Elios, I think (hope) they get the message. My reason for going with Spearo.co.uk was that it was slightly cheaper and I was thinking that in the event of any issue I'm dealing with a native English speaker which would be easier.

How wrong could I be?

Man down.

Make your donations to:

ManAlive! appeal
C/O Steve Millard
Apneists.co.uk
Lootsville
Manchester

Registered Charity Number ABC12345XYZ

Remember: give as much or as little as you can afford - Every penny you give can help ManAlive!! and other Apniests just like him from feeling a bit fed up.

God Bless you all.

What’s this a northerner with a wetsuit, I always thought the only thing you oop north blokes wore was a flat cap and that was only to stop the rain from putting out yer half smoked roll-up.
Well that and shell suits.roflrofl

Bad luck with the suit Manalive, it’ll be worth the wait in the long run.

I'm very new to this community and have been thinking about buying a camo suit. Manalive really sorry to hear of your ordeal, in such situations with ill mannered and elusive vendors it could almost appear as though they accept payment and then go on holiday with it...... to the bookies? Speculation aside though, are there any camouflage suits around which dont require the patience of a Tibetan monk to purchase and eventually use?

Good luck with your Elios dude, I have no doubt it will be exceptional when it finally arrives. Thanks for sharing your experience, its as well to know shops worth avoiding as much as those worth visiting. I shall take my business elsewhere.

Elios do make a very good suit and mine is probably the most comfortable suit that I’ve ever owned.
There are however many other companies that make camo wetsuits, both Cressi and Omer both make a nice suit and it’s off the peg so it might be a bit cheaper.

Podge, I'm only using the suit for camouflage, not the thermal properties. The North Wales locals sucessfully submitted a petition against me standing in the car park, "blacking up" with camoflauge paint whilst only wearing my speedo's.

Podges suits are that comfortable I've heard pregnant ladies have been wearing them

P.s. this is factually correct haha

Manalive! Man up!

I have never even considered buying a wet suit mail order,and from what i have read in this thread just makes me even more unlikely to do so ,(what would happen if after a 4 week wait and is does not fit ??? do you send it back and wait another 4 weeks ?? not for me thanks !! ) fortunately i live not far from Venture Sports in Paignton and get everything there with no problems whatsoever .I find spearfishing a pretty cheap hobby compared to some i have had and really cannot be bothered to shop around to save not very much ,plus i am rarely at home to receive a delivery and the following saga that ensues in that situation !!

Good point Mirror however you cant buy a made to measure custom suit off the peg!
Having said that, if you are of an average build, the super supple smooth skin suits would probably fit just perfect straight off the peg.

+1 to that!

I ordered one direct from Elios and it arrived in around 3 weeks

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…