• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Static PB's

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What's your static PB?

• 0:00-1:00

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 1:00-2:00

Votes: 32 5.2%
  • 2:00-3:00

Votes: 96 15.6%
  • 3:00-4:00

Votes: 136 22.1%
  • 4:00-5:00

Votes: 164 26.7%
  • 5:00-6:00

Votes: 121 19.7%
  • 6:00-7:00

Votes: 40 6.5%
  • 7:00+

Votes: 20 3.3%

• Total voters
Nice job Eric! - Very impressive seeing it with my own eyes!

Celebrate!

Kars

My DNF and DYN during the competition were nothing to talk about. All I can say is that I was already very satisfied and had no motivation nor energy to go over the mid-dive hard-part.

The DNF dives last november were a little under 3 minutes.

I've been training for almost a month now, and my new PB from this morning is 4:15. It feels great, but I don't know how all of you guys do it. I have to be in the exact right mood to do a good long static. The contractions are so uncomfortable, it's hard to find motivation to do statics at all sometimes. Sometimes the will to get a new PB outweighs the discomfort from the hold, but other times I just don't want to feel like I'm suffocating. I can't imagine how some people get to the point of a BO or LMC. I think you'd have to put me in concrete shoes for that to happen.

What do you do to convince yourself to keep holding when it gets tough? Do you really enjoy it, or do you just have an iron will?

a few years ago i self taught my self to 5:20...

then did no diving for 2 years and in the last 4 weeks went from 4:30 -6:07 (dry)

im very happy... need a pool to train in :angry:

I have similar experience to kokomo, but more recent.

Until last year my max was 3:30, but then I started doing tables (dry) and in about 3months my PB went from 3:30 to 6:05.

But I was doing a co2 and an o2 table every day which was too much for me.

I stopped doing tables and statics for a couple of months, did more cardio exercise and just started statics again last week... The tables based on my 6:05 PB are now Soooo easy!

I hope to join the 7minute club soon!

Oh, and I agree with JennyWren... the results of the poll don't look accurate!

Hi Folks,

Since I started FRC diving my inhale statics have decreased (E.Fattah said they would), and become harder (they were always boring), struggle to get to 5.30min but my pb was 6.30.
On passive exhale 4m pool regular 2.30, at 20m have done several 2min!

deeply, Marc.

iv3 I may not be the pro or the master in frc I use full exale statics some times or half lung in recreational my problem at static was the unberable pain from lack of toraxic flexibility at middle of the static I started to exale to get the "relief feeling" again rather than contractions (although it may look that are the contractions but counting them an their rate was almost the same was an overall lack of relaxation) try to do pack strech exercises and that may fix ur problem, althought my frc is minor it worked for me

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT