• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Subprof - lateness in delivery (again)!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Jimdoe for Emperor of the Universe. Then he can hire an IT guy to finish his website.

I’ve dealt several times with Subprof…as Marwan mentioned, they are honest people but the service is extremely slow…..if you have the time (no one does) and want to save money, their prices are good …..but the wait is looooooooooooooong:mad:.

And since we are on the subject of the Omer Ice fins….well….I managed to break 3 fins so far in less than 1 year :martial……but here is the catch…….I love them and don’t know what types of other fins can do the same job, with the same feeling…….Anyone with suggestion on better fins is most welcomed:inlove.

Soon, RA products will be available in Egypt….guess who is the distributor……..!:friday

I will have a web site soon for Rob Allen’s gear……and other items for spearfishing.

Cheers,
Ihab

I know them personally and I can agree to what Marwan and Ihab say. They are a small company, and depend on providers to supply them as they have some stock but not as much as Scubastore for example who has a large industrial warehouse that I've seen. Both of them are within 45 minutes of where I live. The trick with dealing with Subprof is to make sure that what you want is in stock, and then place the order on those items. If there are any serious problems that you haven't worked out yet, let me know; send me your order details and number via PM and I'll call the owner personally.

I'm also going to change the title of this thread as "despicable" isn't really the type of language we use here on DB to describe anyone, whether individuals or companies.

Last edited:
Reactions: podge
"Jimdoe for Emperor of the Universe" We luv u Jim :chatup

"I managed to break 3 fins so far in less than 1 year ……but here is the catch…….I love them and don’t know what types of other fins can do the same job, with the same feeling……" I've now broken both mine. Had one replaced but not going to bother anymore despite agreeing that they are nice to use. Have tried GRP and Carbons as well as "normal" plastic blades. Currently using some old scuba fins but think I'm gonna try some more f/glass blades.

Dave

Not trying to Highjack this subject....BUT can anyone advise on a good set of fins....similar to the Ice fins .....Please.

Cheers,
Ihab

well, as I've said; I really like the ice fins and have'nt had them break in the 2 or so years I've owned them. I also own a pair of Omer Millenium Runners. These are made with the same polymer as the ice fins - but black and about 2.5 times stiffer. They feel exactly like a stiffer version of the ice fins and are better if you are diving more than 20 meters or so in cold water (with a thick suit and lots of weight) or deeper in warmer waters.

Just out of curiosity I'd be interested in hearing exactly how the blades broke in everybody's case.

I've honestly been pretty rough on mine - peeling them off a frozen truck bed, slamming them against and getting them jammed into rock breakwalls etc. etc.

Last edited:
hello everyone

just to share my one experience with subprof.. they are not honest people as someone said

its not a safe place to buy things online, paypal is very nice but takes a lot of time to sort things out

will not trust them again!! for sure!!

prefer pay more and have a good service!

if people want i will resume my experience and had some emails to prove what I'm telling

cheers

Hey, here is my experience...
I ordered speargun from SubProf.com and they send package in 7 days. Shipping was fast but I had problems (with Montenegro border customs) so i returned shippment and they send me to another address. Only 'problem' was in slooooow communication, they answer to email after few days...

I will order again from subprof for sure.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT