• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sven's 2003 Ab- Grab!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Anemone

Attachments

• fixed anemonie.jpg
    fixed anemonie.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 398
Aaron (AKA Octo) In the cold pacific. In this shot he was almost completely commando cause of a rip in his wetsuit. I don't know how he did not freeze his balls off. Literally:blackeye

Attachments

• fixed aaron.jpg
    fixed aaron.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 371
Another star. Well that is the last of the ones for today. That took a hell of a while. I hope that you all enjoy them I sure know that my patients and I love to sit there and look at my screen saver scroll through the sets.

Enjoy, Cheers

Aquiles

Attachments

• al star.jpg
    al star.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 361
Muchos for tossing up the photos jefe! Next year let me know when you're tripping the shutter so I can suck it in a tad. :crutch

I can hear Bill now... "Damn I miss those natural downlines!" :cool:

Just drooling here Smooth One. All those food pics made me too hungry. Took my favorite gal down to Quinn's for Calamari.
Free immersion never occured to me in California. Some day I'll get to drop on the 90 foot ledge at Farnsworth again, pull down for about four minutes and see what really happens out there. Probably just scare myself though.
Aloha
Bill

Latest Pics...

Aquiles, Thank you for posting the photos and taking the pics!

An observant friend here pointed out an interesting kelp fact that can be seen here: the short ends of the kelp in a few of the shots...are actually the ragged ends of kelp fronds that have been chewed by abalone. Hungry buggers, eh?

The panoramic shot was our beach entry site for Sunday mornings service...er....dive.
It was well worth the effort.
I have my teachers here in SoCal to thank for introducing me to reef entries. :eek:
And my teachers in NorCal for coaching me through the event.
I learned to hunt, unshell, trim, pound, and cook abalone...not to mention observe the pros in action and have a great time. :cool:

Oh, BTW-- That is not a rock Aquiles is holding in the earlier pic: it is a scallop, which we ate minutes later. Delicious... very sweet.

PS. Bill, There's always next year!

Originally posted by Bill
...drop on the 90 foot ledge at Farnsworth again
Bill

Now you're talkin!! (but that place is work even when dragging a hose! ;) )

Hey, hows celebrity-dom treating you? :king

Well it's a ways away. Abalone re-opens in April and the last couple Ab Grabs have been towards October as the weather gets a bit nicer, water-wise. But even then, I'd leave your new gun home. :cool:

Sweet...

...We will be up on the north coast for the opening Ab season this April. I take it you will be on the coast for the opener, also?

And thanks agian for the gun stock. Man, that is one nice gun. Just waiting for the parts to put on it.:D

Regs

I know that you can only harvest 7"+ with 3 per day. What is the total in posseison limit?:p

Austin~

And that means in the shell. Transporting sliced-up abs will get you rightfully slammed.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT