• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

sven's ab-grab update!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
and i always thought it was the 10 inches that scared them away! :confused:

I have encouraged my better half to freedive and let me tell you it has made us closer. I also have proof of the better half. Refer to the scott post. But, I do agree that more women, preferebly with a sense of humor and good hunting skills are necessary in the sport. I do believe that they are out there but they are like grouper....................they are trying to blend into the surroundings and observe................:hmm At least I hope so. Sausage parties are no fun:naughty

10?!

Originally posted by andrsn
and i always thought it was the 10 inches that scared them away! :confused:

I've been scaring them away with much less for years... ;)

stubby sven

PICS

Tnx guys. Almost like being there. Nice to see the old 'bearded one' still diving with the youngsters.

Aloha
Bill

I got your bearded one hanging...

Alright everyone, let's ease up on the search for the ladies here. (Yeah, you heard it from me... :confused: ) The validity of this thread is suffering.

I was going over a couple of the other threads and there's a common question being asked... again, that being do we want and need more divers and how do we teach them and then deal with the fear factor.

So gather your special someone close, human, canine or Riffe and let's think this one out. If they dive already great, and in that case, if they have a Farallon snorkel, swipe it and let me know.;)

sven

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/?:confused:

I'm working it, buddy.

Just didn't want to offend the ladies, ya hispanic hoser!:mute

sven

Maybe Another Thread

I think mon ami, sven has raised a good point. Not that I'm anti social but how easy/inviting do we want freediving to be to the general public? Excluding significant others, family, or close friends. Do we want this sport/lifestyle taken up by the masses? Will it become another X game? If someone has a genuine interest and desire then thats great or if we spark an interest in those close to us great, but will it really be a benifit if everyone has a pair of long fins and calls him/herself a freediver? Maybe just something to ponder internally. I'm a member of the NC Falconry Guild and we have the same problem. As you can imagine a small group. Do we want to put on displays to educate the public, or will that encourage certain individuals to take up the sport that shouldn't and end up haveing a negative impact overall? Where do you draw the line? Just some thoughts, respond or flame at will.
Jay

i think Jay and sven have a good point (did i just write that :hmm ?) anyway....

my comment was meant as a joke but....

while on the topic, i think that we should be very careful about who we teach the sport, many sports have been turned into mainstream and then just turned bad when the general public started doing them, although i dont think it takes an elite individual to freedive (just look at me :D and there is living proof that anyone can freedive) it takes a mature (well except for me) individual, someone dedicated to the sport that is willing to learn and be taught to

other then that they have to be comfortable in the water... :duh :duh

nice to see everyone think we need more women:chatup :chatup :ban

resurrection?

how about we not bring the "freediving as a fad" thread into our ab-grab. that is with all due respect, fellas. :)

the ants and lil critters are doing a great job of eating off all the crud on my shells. can't wait to polish them up and bring them to my office! :D

andrsn
.._[:]p

Females

Originally posted by Stephan Whelan
Or is that just us blokes all along? No wonder there are few ladies posting (although quite a few lurk according to our forum stats!) :confused:

We lurk in the shadows of the deep(er blue), intently watching all activity.
Nothing goes unnoted...

Big Sister's watching you blokes ! :D

Lynn :girlie

Re: Re: Females

Originally posted by icarus pacific

I hope this doesn't mean I have to start wearing panties... :cool:

sven

:yack :yack :yack :yack :yack :yack :yack

Re: Re: Re: Females

Originally posted by andrsn

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by icarus pacific

I hope this doesn't mean I have to start wearing panties...

sven
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:yack :yack :yack :yack :yack :yack :yack

man there goes my appetite,

right after reading the thread on spider crabs and muscadet (thanks crazyfrenchmen)

ps, andrsn, nicely done changing undies to panties,

:naughty

Back On Track

Anderson's undies aside, This last weekend (5/11 & 5/12) saw two additional DB folks (Longfins & Stu) at Sven's palatial palace.

Slightly rough conditions saturday saw myself and Longfins back onshore after getting dinner in the bag (no, breakfast stayed down-with a fight). Sven was diving very well and Stu had covered about 90% of the cove before the rest of us had cleared twice. All in all, a beautiful day: Sun filtering through 10ft vis was beautiful to see, kids playing on the beach - kid's attending Uncle Sven's ecology hour, nice conversation with a couple celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary (Sven and I - the divorcees of the bunch were impressed: "How the #@%$ do they do that? - nice Job!"). The day peaked on the 9 hole golf course where Longfins and Stu played their first game ever. Sven and I thought we could show them a few things, however, I played my worst game to date: Dented a custom golf cart belonging to the party in front of us and attempting to drop coastal redwoods with a single slice.

A stellar sight was seen on the seventh hole wearing naught save a g-string (no, Anderson, not Sven- settle down!). I gave up attempting to putt as the glare from the derrier' wast blinding indeed. Sven muttering something about smooth and tan every stroke. This explains the poor golf game, we will use any excuse...

Anderson, the meal was better this weekend. Sven's masterful suggestion to add capers to the ab main course was a stroke of genious! The ab sauce was a marsala, shallot, mango reduction with fresh roasted garlic for a mild finish and raw garlic, slightly cooked to a mild bite; screened and then infused with butter to finish. MMMMMMMMMMMM!

Stu had a rough go on Sat night given my snoring is deafening when I am tired and Longfins was a serious competitor.

Sunday started fogged in, but after an hour in the water, the sun broke revealing blue depths and bouldery hunting grounds. Longfins directed me to a nice Ling Cod, which I bagged (Thanks Bud!) for dinner. Cooked in white wine and topped with fresh marjarom with a squeeze of lemon last night capped the weekend nicely.

Thanks again to Sven, who put up with us in spite of his monastic life embracing abstinance and hermetic living.

Best to all, and we will see your sillouette on the way back up,

Aaron

Last edited:
g-string handicapped

Well, like Andrsn and Octo, I got to discover why DB's Sultan of Smooth has such a deserved title!

Thank you Sven for showing us the great dive sites, golf lessons, and heart-warming hospitality.

Peter S.

uht ohhh!

peter! please tell me you're not referring to the REAL reason he's called that! :yack

sorry i missed it.

HEY GUYS, aren't i grandfathered in to automatically getting a heads up when something like this goes down?! :confused: :D hadn't i proved my serendipitous snail snatching sufficiencies?

:confused: Hey Anderson, why do you think every apneist walks around with a bottle of 'suit' lube?:hmm

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT