• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

swallowing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
samdive said:
sara sara what COULD you mean?

BAD girl!!

;)

well... i figured that of all the posters on this thread, you two were the ones with the most experience.. and neoprenelove has an interesting handle...

"the most experience" - moi??? what are you implying... rofl

anyway I have a neoprene allergy

although it seems to be in remission at the moment

S

samdive said:
"the most experience" - moi??? what are you implying... rofl

anyway I have a neoprene allergy

although it seems to be in remission at the moment

S

well perhaps you're not allergic to rubber rofl

(seriously now) - most of the time I just live with it - when it is irritating me I wear a very slinky super thin suit by Reed Chillcheater under my neoprene. Basically I am a sensitive soul with sensitive skin and just need to watch it sometimes....

the right lube is also important! :)

samdive said:
(seriously now) - most of the time I just live with it - when it is irritating me I wear a very slinky super thin suit by Reed Chillcheater under my neoprene. Basically I am a sensitive soul with sensitive skin and just need to watch it sometimes....

the right lube is also important! :)

what do you use for lube...?? :girlie Donna gave me the suggestion of lubing up on the inside first, instead of rubbing it all over my body :hmm

will check out the chillcheater.. does it help it to go on easier?

If you have sensitive skin try Johnsons baby bath, a few squirts in a 1.5l water bottle plus warm water - this is a good mix

baby shampoo or anything anti allergenic and not too perfumed is ok

mix it with warm water and pour it in the suit rather than on you and wash it off as soon as you can afterwards (which at Chepstow which has no showers means taking a dance under the hosepipe even in winter.... yow!!)

the chillcheater is a bit restrictive around the chest and heavy on the legs to wear for CW - I don't recommend it unless you actually need it to stop the suit making you itchy. I only use it when I have to, mainly in the pool as luckily with a bit of sea and sun my skin is fine so I'm generally ok when I go away diving.... Just got a new 3ml for the pool with a fleecy lining that doesn't need lube and seems to avoid the problem completely.

S

PS how did we get from talking about swallowing to dodgy rashes that quickly????

I wear a sillicone swim cap while I put my suit on - saves all my hair getting yanked out but looks damn stupid. You can do the same thing with a plastic bag but it looks even stupider and you risk suffocation....

samdive said:
I wear a sillicone swim cap while I put my suit on - saves all my hair getting yanked out but looks damn stupid. You can do the same thing with a plastic bag but it looks even stupider and you risk suffocation....

lol! all my life i wanted to appear at the pool with a placcy bag on my head rofl rofl
know what you mean though.. hair gets everywhere, all entangled.. grrr

will try the shampoo thing. later on in the year though. the water is 35degC at the moment!!!

and sara.... if you are having trouble putting your suit on... apart from more lube.. less swimwear also helps! if you get my drift...

just remember what you have or haven't got on underneath before ripping off your wetsuit in a public place! and try not to tear it right down the front a la ms stacey in vancouver!!

samdive said:
and sara.... if you are having trouble putting your suit on... apart from more lube.. less swimwear also helps! if you get my drift...

just remember what you have or haven't got on underneath before ripping off your wetsuit in a public place! and try not to tear it right down the front a la ms stacey in vancouver!!

lol! well this is dubai.. and venus swimwear with the balconette top gets a lot of looks.. rofl rofl

tell me about stacey???? did she forget she was in the nick??? *snigger*

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT