• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tables

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lehmann108

Mar 25, 2006
I've been doing the CO2/O2 tables I saw here for around two weeks now and I'm stunned by the progress in static apnea. I started with a static apnea of 1:00 minute and today I made 3:00 minutes with minimal discomfort and no contractions. I realize a lot of this is mental and recognizing that the initial urge to breath is simply discomfort not a dire event.

Reactions: naiad
Lehman,

I am going to start doing the tables today.
How often during the week did you do the tables?

Thanks
French

french said:
Lehman,

I am going to start doing the tables today.
How often during the week did you do the tables?

Thanks
French

They appear to make a huge difference as others have noted in other threads. According to what I've read here one should not do a set of tables more than once a week. So one week I did an O2 and an CO2 and the next week I did the same thing. I also started doing upper-body yoga asanas again to stretch all the connective tissues surrounding my chest.

Lehmann108 said:
According to what I've read here one should not do a set of tables more than once a week
I do not think it was recommended doing tables only once a week. In our club we have the possibility to participate on four trainings a week:
  • Monday 1hr static (O2 and CO2 tables)
  • Wednesday 1hr dynamic
  • Thursday 1hr static (O2 and CO2 tables)
  • Saturday 1hr dynamic
Some people additionally make dry tables at home. I can definitely confirm that those who participate on all four trainings, progress much faster than those who take just one or two (surprisingly, most of the club members ignore the static trainings entirely). The tendency is especially well noticeable among newbies.

I know many freedivers who make dry CO2 and O2 tables daily. As far as I remember from reading the website of Tom Sietas, I believe he trained wet static daily too - he wrote that initially it was complicated for him to find sufficient number of buddies for all his trainings.

Although taking a resting day every while (or when tired or not motivated) may be wise, I do not think that training several times per week will harm you or your performance.

Lehmann108 said:
I also started doing upper-body yoga asanas again to stretch all the connective tissues surrounding my chest.
asanas? how you do that? can you explain?

Lehmann108 said:
So I won't implode if I do the tables more than once a week? ;-)
I haven't imploded yet... will keep you posted... :D

When you are referring to the Dynamic? Are there tables for that?

Thanks,

French

cdemills said:
where to find such tables ?
Online tables are here:
http://www.impulseadventure.com/assets/apnea_tbl_mozzi/apnea/tablea.htm
http://www.chbf.com/satt/menu.htm

There are also some off-line programs:
http://www.stefansfreedive.com/Download_Eng.htm
or the one from Ricochet attached in his [ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=52854#post460659"]post here[/ame]

french said:
When you are referring to the Dynamic? Are there tables for that?
Well, that's pretty same as the static training, just you measure your apnea in meters (or feet) instead of seconds. So for example you make a serie of 25m apneas with decreasing breath-up, or keep constant breath-up and increase the distance (i.e. by 5m at each round). Be sure to have a buddy watching you closely!

SEDATE said:
asanas? how you do that? can you explain?

I don't quite understand your question? Asanas are asanas: cobra, bow, triangle, fish, bridge, mountain......

Lehmann108 said:
I don't quite understand your question? Asanas are asanas: cobra, bow, triangle, fish, bridge, mountain......
i mean....How do you do asanas yoga ..i heard it first time...

SEDATE said:
i mean....How do you do asanas yoga ..i heard it first time...
"Asanas" stands for "postures" or "positions", so as soon as you do Yoga, you always do "asanas" (well, unless you reduce Yoga to just a mental excercise, but even then you are quite likely in some Asana :)

Lehman sez, "I've been doing the CO2/O2 tables I saw here for around two weeks now and I'm stunned by the progress in static apnea. I started with a static apnea of 1:00 minute and today I made 3:00 minutes with minimal discomfort and no contractions. I realize a lot of this is mental and recognizing that the initial urge to breath is simply discomfort not a dire event."

Diligently practicing C02/02 tolerance tables is one practice that can make a dramatic difference in durations and comfort. I always recommend that people practice them and pay little or no attention at all to the concept of "Personal Best". PB doesn't matter. And when you look at a Phase 10 or 15 or Phase 20 tolerance table you will understand why. It doesn't even seem physically possible.

Anyway, let that be a lesson to all you newbies who want to get those long comfortable submersions.

I suppose that you can do these several times a week. You might try a pattern of successfully completing each phase twice in a week before moving up.

One of the reasons I only recommend that you do one phase once per week is that usually there is other training going on and lactic buildup and other factors make doing tables more difficult than they would be if you did them on an "off" day. For example, if I lift weights three times a week along with an hour of interval training and I do interval training and flexibility on the "off" days, that leaves me four low stress days to do tables, say, in the am....

Anyway, enjoy the progress, your potential lies far beyond the horizon.

lungfish

Who needs a yoga teacher if they can do this???

Phase 20
set vent - static- static%
1. - 1:00 - 4:45 - 476%
2. - 1:00 - 5:00 - 500
3. - 1:00 - 5:15 - 525
4. - 1:00 - 5:30 - 550
5. - 1:00 - 5:45 - 575
6. - 1:00 - 6:00 - 600
7. - 1:00 - 6:15 - 625
8.. - 1:00 - 6:15 - 625
duration 8:00 - 42:45 - 50:45

C02
1.- 1:45 - 5:15 - 33%
2.- 1:30 - 5:15 - 29
3.- 1:15 - 5:15 - 24
4.- 1:00 - 5:15 - 19
5.- :45 - 5:15 - 14
6.- :30 - 5:15 - 10
7.- :15 - 5:15 - 5
8.- :15 - 5:15 - 5
duration 8:00 - 44:45 - 52:45

In both tables you only breath for 8min out of the entire 50min plus duration.

If you can train yourself to do this in your living room using 1.5hrs to 3hrs of your time per week, what is your potential?

This is a table from the PFD training manual, I am a grad but nowhere near able to do this. Martin uses tables that are more advanced than these to accomplish his 8:16 breath holds....

Lungfish

Last edited:
Reactions: naiad
I have been doing the same tables, but not up to Phase 20. :D

I have done tables that I wouldn't have believed possible a year ago. They make a huge difference to CO2 and O2 tolerance.

Even if I do a lot of tables, I also have to do max statics sometimes, because I need to get used to it.

Lucia

lungfish said:
Who needs a yoga teacher if they can do this???

Phase 20
set vent - static- static%
1. - 1:00 - 4:45 - 476%
2. - 1:00 - 5:00 - 500
3. - 1:00 - 5:15 - 525
4. - 1:00 - 5:30 - 550
5. - 1:00 - 5:45 - 575
6. - 1:00 - 6:00 - 600
7. - 1:00 - 6:15 - 625
8.. - 1:00 - 6:15 - 625
duration 8:00 - 42:45 - 50:45

C02
1.- 1:45 - 5:15 - 33%
2.- 1:30 - 5:15 - 29
3.- 1:15 - 5:15 - 24
4.- 1:00 - 5:15 - 19
5.- :45 - 5:15 - 14
6.- :30 - 5:15 - 10
7.- :15 - 5:15 - 5
8.- :15 - 5:15 - 5
duration 8:00 - 44:45 - 52:45

In both tables you only breath for 8min out of the entire 50min plus duration.

If you can train yourself to do this in your living room using 1.5hrs to 3hrs of your time per week, what is your potential?

This is a table from the PFD training manual, I am a grad but nowhere near able to do this. Martin uses tables that are more advanced than these to accomplish his 8:16 breath holds....

Lungfish
Lungfish
You know or you do hear anybody who try this crazy tables? rofl
i used tables till 4:30
6:01(my new PB) i do only a big hold daily(4-5days in a week) from 4:30 to 6:01 i manage to come
i find out tables are useless.
trying to find jump from 6:00 to 6:30 or 7:00
searching ....rofl
the way to control the GABA center in brain
searching to learn it

I am sure I will be able to do those tables. :)

Many other things are important for training, but many people find the tables very useful. I have made a lot of progress by doing them.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT