• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tables

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Just a few comments. Over the last six years, I've used five sets of tables (including one secret set that I developed). It seems that I can maintain any level by doing one O2, one CO2 and 2 hours of moderate aerobic training each week and by adding two max attempts I can gain a little. The eight holds at a time (from 50-90%) seems right.
Last November I had to stop diving for medical reasons and I also took a six week break from static training. Since I will have to take another long break in training next month and stay out of the water until August, an easier workout was indicated. I've been doing the old standby of 1/1 2/2 3/3 4/4 5/5 6/6 7/7 three times a week, for almost three months. The last one was not always successful, so I eliminated the 6/6. Performance is a lot more erratic than it used to be (medication and pain make relaxation and pulse more variable), but on good days I started extending the seven to max.
Last week was an eye opener. I skipped Wednesday for doctor appointments and on Friday had a PB. What a surprise. Of course, this week I lost thirty seconds somewhere.
Aloha

Reactions: naiad
SEDATE said:
Lungfish
You know or you do hear anybody who try this crazy tables? rofl
i used tables till 4:30
6:01(my new PB) i do only a big hold daily(4-5days in a week) from 4:30 to 6:01 i manage to come
i find out tables are useless.
trying to find jump from 6:00 to 6:30 or 7:00
searching ....rofl
the way to control the GABA center in brain
searching to learn it

Martin Stepanek advised us that if we could do Phase 20 we should ask him for more. I am certain he can do these and more... its a matter of practice. I think that even if you can complete a Phase 10 table, you should do it for several weeks before moving up to Phase 11, and then do that for several weeks before going on to Phase 12, and so on....
I also think that the manner in which these tables are practiced is important. I sit up, with stopwatch in hand and pay attention to each change in my body while doing the tables. I don't allow myself to drift, or daydream. It is important to learn all the sensations of apnea very, very well before you start doing very long submersions. I suggest that you print the tables out on a spreadsheet like Excel and list the exact stopwatch time for each part of the ex.... for example, at set 1 you would list the 2:00 ventilation then you would do the static and list the completion of the static time at 3:00, etc so you can keep track of where you are in the sets correctly. Also, if you take your time working with each Phase, you can better develop and reinforce the tolerances necessary to progress to longer durations.

These drills are great sensativity training to apnea states and will satisfy most goals for long submersions.

Lungfish

Hımm Lungfish Thnx info...
For a while i gave a break to hold Breath , just searching lung expand , in other words the muscles surround my rib cage and searching katabasis technik, too...but did not find out any info about katabasis and GABA but have got some info to expand rib cage..
i also find out useful Bill's BİG Hold patern format..tested and worked for me..
1/1 2/2 3/3 4/4 and 4 breath and big hold ..directly came up 6:01 PB
more important think here is to keep the diving reflex in warmup patern..
with short different warmup patern i did also make 5:50 PB before
not knowing full exale and fully empty the lung ...
i think my abdomen muscle very strong and resist to come inside
half of my abdomen coming inside may be the reason i do not know the technik :rofl
and also yesterday night before sleep i cut 3 lemons and squezed in a glass and drink with one breath to test inside wall is ok as usual? i felt very well i used to get vit C by this way :rofl

Last edited:
Bill said:
Just a few comments. Over the last six years, I've used five sets of tables (including one secret set that I developed). It seems that I can maintain any level by doing one O2, one CO2 and 2 hours of moderate aerobic training each week and by adding two max attempts I can gain a little.
I think the same - I can improve up to a certain level by doing tables, but then I have to do max attempts to gain more. Then I can do harder tables, then my next max attempts will be longer, and so on...

I also have my own secret set of tables. I am trying them out and so far they are good. Work in progress...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT