• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

moeghali

Aug 8, 2015
Hello Spearos
This is my 1st post here as my 1st wooden teak speargun trying to make.

but i am lost if i should use 1 block of teak and start shaping it to the size i want, orrrr... cutting it to several peaces and then gluing them together.

ive been reading for a while and i am lost ive seen people use both ways but i want to make sure i understand the difference or its effecton the speargun.

and concerning the teak, if i cut it i should let it relax ? or age? and for how long? and the thicknes of the cuts if i cut it?

thank you

Reactions: Youssef Sammour
whats the progress? laminate 12 mm thick ,wood with 12% moisture is perfect to start ,if I can't get moisture content usually will leave my laminated pieces in dry covered area for 6 months then glue it .

Cut into laminates.
Flip every other one.
Glue with good epoxy (West System etc).
Leave for a week or two.
Square up.
Build.
In a nutshell.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT