• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Technisub Ranger Seals & Manual

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Io ho ancora un technisub ranger 70 che è stato il mio primo fucile più di 30anni fa.
l'ho usato tantissimo ed ogni tanto ancora ci faccio qualche pescata nel torbido.
Ho modificato il pistone e l'asta. uso una filettata e fiocina da 8mm x 600mm oppure una taitiana da 6mm x 750.
Posseggo almeno 15 fucili tra arbaleti e pneumatici ma al ranger resto molto affezzionato.

I still have a ranger Technisub 70 that was my first gun more than 30 years ago.
I used it a lot and sometimes we even do some fished in troubled waters.
I changed the piston and shaft. I use a threaded shaft and harpoon of 8mm x 600mm or 6mmx700 taitiana .
I own at least 15 guns and pneumatic spearguns from the ranger, but otherwise very affezzionato.

UPDATE: Now that it is back to divable weather I have actually had the chance to try out the 'Old Ranger'.....Worked well but needed More 'Pumps' the firet time I tried to use it (30 was not enough/ 50 seems much beter)
So Let me now say Thanks to all that posted with info and Ideas/comments...What I Finally Had to do is This: Since I could not get a straight answer By e-mail to various shops in Forida I finally called one up [that had pictures of pistons on the 'Web' ] and asked to talk to a 'Tech'.....He was then able to look at 'The shops website' with me and give me the measurements of the 'Pistons' they had advertized.....[it went like this: Me" do you see that picture on that page?,,Him "yes"..Me "What is that seal measurement ?' Him "12 mm" Me "send it to me"] and it actually worked !! I did have to look at the diagram that was posted here, as per my previous reguest on this 'Board' and found that there is an adjustment screw for the 'Trigger release' Notch on the piston....so with a small screwdriver I was able to adjust the Trigger 'Catch' up to engage the piston for proper Holding without worry of a missfire !! I got Damn Lucky to find the information I so desperately needed Here on this website... total cost of repair $15 .....I will, it seems have to order [eventually] the correct corrosponding 'end piece' for my spear shaft so it engauges and holds the spear shaft in the gun more reliably...but I need som extra shafts anyway right? THANK YOU All for your help (now if I can only find a big enough Walleye to shoot !)...........LPWACKO, So Dakota, USA

Puoi usare pistone e codolo del Mares Sten oppure del Seac Asso. Sono entrambi compatibili

You can use the piston and the shank or the Mares Sten Seac Asso. They are both compatible

Hi i brought one of the said spear gun on Ebay some years back used it a few times put it down and now i decide to use it again to hunt lion fish i can hear the air escaping the nozzle is corroded. i saw the diagram pic so my question is if there is any other way i can take it apart to replace the orings

I am very glad you back in Spearfishing. Well, there is always the way!!! It's just depend how bad is nozzle corroded. Do you have any experience in desassambling pneumatic spearguns? You need to have some basic tools. If you are ready to do it, let me know.
1. Pressure up your speargun
2. Submerge entire end of barrel into oil for 2-3 days
3. And email me back.

hi thanks for replying but i would like to no what type of oil u r speaking of. no experience but i can follow ur instructions. i can remember screwing off the nozzle and putting it back

If you can unscrew the nozzle it is great! First depressure the gun from the back of a handle. Should be black plastic screw in piece. Unscrew it and you will see white pin. Handle up and push on that pin. Be careful! If it is under pressure, it is difficult to do. Get some subject to push it, oil can come out from that side too, cover it with a paper towel or something. After pressure is released, unscrew the nozzle. And post back.

i try to pressurize the barrel but air is leaking in the trigger area so i remove handle and trigger and found that the air is leaking through the trigger

Nozzle is still corroded. the whole unit turns inside while trying to unscrew nozzle. think i best get another one do u have any for sale

If the hole unit turns inside, it is bad news. As I understand you correctly, when you are trying to unscrew nozzle, it's just turns 360 degree? If that, trigger pin is bent and barrel is demadge.
Yes, I do have a few. Pm me what are you looking for? I might have it.

I've bent trigger pins a few times assembling my Mares Mirage. Granted, I have 1.3mm trigger pins which are really thin and the barrel rotates easily in the handle as the plastic stops were busted even before I got the gun.
I have made a handful of extra pins for this reason and so far, no damage done to anything else than the pins.

So, if you can somehow get the barrel out, the gun may still be salvageable.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT