• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 43,000+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 510,000+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,450+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tell me about: noises to attract fish

Homerkp

Sep 21, 2018
Greece
Mullet is common as to shoot 1st in the beggining.,Then as you mention sea bream ,Seabass.Then you shall discover the corvina shy fish loves summer warm water comes out at night although found sometimes in day light.For sea Perch Mormara stirr up the sand a little or move the small gravel lightly !they think their is a feast and attend if in the area.The other noise is indian crawling through the Algae can be a advantage as a disadvantage depends on alert level of the fish,some times youll find seabass hide from the other predator fish
Indian crawling? What's that? I've caught a couple corvinas, they don't seem that skittish and they're slow. Tasty! I'm guessing the perch mormara are what they call mourmoura here in Greece. Those striped ones sometimes in groups that hang out on the sand? I attracted a group the other day with sounds, but I'll try the sand thing. They're usually small but I've seen a couple decent sized ones.

Johny Depth

Sep 27, 2020
italy
Indian crawling !this is a term of phrase that comes from a tactical slow crawl to sneak up on the prey or enemy as you shall no doubt have seen on tv holly wood cow boys an indians, Of coarse for spearfishing this Indian crawl is done at the bottom of the water but in this case not touching the stones with your finns or body to aviod detection.This gives you advantage to advance closer to fish undetected to acquire a visual on a target fish lets use the term sneek up on the fish

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2020 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT