• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tell me about: noises to attract fish

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Mullet is common as to shoot 1st in the beggining.,Then as you mention sea bream ,Seabass.Then you shall discover the corvina shy fish loves summer warm water comes out at night although found sometimes in day light.For sea Perch Mormara stirr up the sand a little or move the small gravel lightly !they think their is a feast and attend if in the area.The other noise is indian crawling through the Algae can be a advantage as a disadvantage depends on alert level of the fish,some times youll find seabass hide from the other predator fish
Indian crawling? What's that? I've caught a couple corvinas, they don't seem that skittish and they're slow. Tasty! I'm guessing the perch mormara are what they call mourmoura here in Greece. Those striped ones sometimes in groups that hang out on the sand? I attracted a group the other day with sounds, but I'll try the sand thing. They're usually small but I've seen a couple decent sized ones.

Indian crawling !this is a term of phrase that comes from a tactical slow crawl to sneak up on the prey or enemy as you shall no doubt have seen on tv holly wood cow boys an indians, Of coarse for spearfishing this Indian crawl is done at the bottom of the water but in this case not touching the stones with your finns or body to aviod detection.This gives you advantage to advance closer to fish undetected to acquire a visual on a target fish lets use the term sneek up on the fish

Indian crawling? What's that? I've caught a couple corvinas, they don't seem that skittish and they're slow. Tasty! I'm guessing the perch mormara are what they call mourmoura here in Greece. Those striped ones sometimes in groups that hang out on the sand? I attracted a group the other day with sounds, but I'll try the sand thing. They're usually small but I've seen a couple decent sized ones.
10 years ago the mormora were bigger.Now and over years the poaching over fishing has the remains of small sized smaller shoals,I remember when i saw 50 to 150 mormara i had time to reload then shoot 1 or 2 more depending on the numbers on the same dive.Now very few big ones pass us here best time for mormora is in the 1st 2 hours of day light the corvina fish here are very shy most probably due to alot of spear men. june becomes easier when the water becomes hot the love chemicals cause the corvina to be more on the look out for a mate.At present no fishing due to covid .The seabass numbers start to disapeer

10 years ago the mormora were bigger.Now and over years the poaching over fishing has the remains of small sized smaller shoals,I remember when i saw 50 to 150 mormara i had time to reload then shoot 1 or 2 more depending on the numbers on the same dive.Now very few big ones pass us here best time for mormora is in the 1st 2 hours of day light the corvina fish here are very shy most probably due to alot of spear men. june becomes easier when the water becomes hot the love chemicals cause the corvina to be more on the look out for a mate.At present no fishing due to covid .The seabass numbers start to disapeer
Ah yes, I've watched videos of Indian crawling and been practicing myself. So it's suspended for you guys too eh? Frustrating to say the least. They gave us one random week and I caught my first barracuda in about 1.5 meters, big one too! Anyway it's cold now but I hope to be practicing again soon. I'm enjoying the fact that although fishermen always told me there are no fish in this area, I find that quite a few hunt in the area and it's not too deep, plenty of grass, ideal for learning I think.

Ah yes, I've watched videos of Indian crawling and been practicing myself. So it's suspended for you guys too eh? Frustrating to say the least. They gave us one random week and I caught my first barracuda in about 1.5 meters, big one too! Anyway it's cold now but I hope to be practicing again soon. I'm enjoying the fact that although fishermen always told me there are no fish in this area, I find that quite a few hunt in the area and it's not too deep, plenty of grass, ideal for learning I think.
Baracuda no more than 700 grams here last year i only had seen uppon too occasions slowly moving in the murchy water corvina hidden in the artificial rock reef .The possedonia grass only visible down gabbice mare area i small amounts near to elios spear fishing shop then down more south of italy ,.The people commonly say their are no fish in an area ! they have a common intrest in fishing that area or net it illegally. if thats the case be carefull if the water be murchy the nets cause problems,in the shallow waters i have captured some good fish Mullet ,Seabasss after a big feast some times in summer the fish rest in the shallow water.Shallow water for me is 2 meters with distance far from shore in regular depends on the terrain.

Last edited:
Baracuda no more than 700 grams here last year i only had seen uppon too occasions slowly moving in the murchy water corvina hidden in the artificial rock reef .The possedonia grass only visible down gabbice mare area i small amounts near to elios spear fishing shop then down more south of italy ,.The people commonly say their are no fish in an area ! the have a common intrest in fishing that area or net it illegally. if thats the case be carefull if the water be murchy the nets cause problems,in the shallow waters i have captured some good fish Mullet ,Seabasss after a big feast some times in summer the fish rest in the shallow water
I went diving in one of my favorite spots a couple weeks ago (prohibited, but invisibile to the road), and I found a big net. I looked out at the lone house on the coast there were people watching me. Must've been theirs. I didn't know if that was illegal but what could I saw at the time being. I dropped the gun and made it look like I was swimming. I gotta find out if it's illegal in which case I have to tell them if I see it again.

I think I even saw a dentex and some orata in the spot, but they were flashes in the distance. Much more wary than the other fish. I guess I need to hide better.

In order to keep people happy I edited this post, which was about fishing during corona-lockdown. I removed the details. I still stand by my opinion however, as to stay safe, we must guard our freedom as much as our health.

It was also way off topic.

Last edited:
When permissable to fish in the cold weather seek a deeper water 4 to 10 meters their youll find sea bass mullet youll find the fish near to a reef usualy in hidding in rock masses or completely immobile commonly fish like a easy retreat to hide

Reactions: Homerkp
Not cool!

When you had that moment of thinking you should not have recommended this, perhaps you should have listened to yourself.

Here’s the thing: I think we all have to do our very best to be wise and respectful - we are ambassadors of a sport that sometimes in some places are under attack and what you just did is pretty much the perfect ammunition to be used against us.

@Leander and @Homerkp,
Please don’t use Deeperblue as a forum to advocate breaking the law or not respecting local regulations.
If/once you take down your latest comment I will delete mine afterwards.
I hear you man, and will be more discrete. For what it's worth I wasn't advocating anything, just sharing what I did. I didn't think much of it cause it's an international forum and there's a debate as to wether the current prohibition is even constitutional. In this particular case I don't think it could be used as ammunition as the government has been very antagonistic about this recently and fisherman have begun to ignore the "rule" because the democratically elected government has provided no reasoning when it's their duty to do so. Yeah I'm just venting, and if I did break some guidelines it won't happen again.

Btw, Leander that's exactly what I did hehe.

I hear you man, and will be more discrete. For what it's worth I wasn't advocating anything, just sharing what I did. I didn't think much of it cause it's an international forum and there's a debate as to wether the current prohibition is even constitutional. In this particular case I don't think it could be used as ammunition as the government has been very antagonistic about this recently and fisherman have begun to ignore the "rule" because the democratically elected government has provided no reasoning when it's their duty to do so. Yeah I'm just venting, and if I did break some guidelines it won't happen again.

Btw, Leander that's exactly what I did hehe.

As for the argument about this not being a national forum, sadly in this case the internet is very much an international place. Movements, good and bad, are almost borderless these days. Sometimes that’s a beautiful thing. Sometimes not.

A tangential sort of case in point, Danish spearos have lost their right to spear at night. We still have fish near our shores, stocks are healthy, but other EU countries have issues in this regard and lobbyism in, especially, Southern European countries to ban night spearing was successful and passed as law in EU. Denmark had to follow suit despite it not being an issue there at all.
Maybe more a story about bureaucracy at its worst but also about how lobbyism and movements can have ill effects across borders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Homerkp
I went diving in one of my favorite spots a couple weeks ago (prohibited, but invisibile to the road), and I found a big net. I looked out at the lone house on the coast there were people watching me. Must've been theirs. I didn't know if that was illegal but what could I saw at the time being. I dropped the gun and made it look like I was swimming. I gotta find out if it's illegal in which case I have to tell them if I see it again.

I think I even saw a dentex and some orata in the spot, but they were flashes in the distance. Much more wary than the other fish. I guess I need to hide better.
The net has to be placed under licence.Then the net must not be pallarel with the coast line.the net must be going out to sea .For years ive seen to much illegal fishing 7 /24 especialy at night.Then i enter the sea to find the fish that be small to pass the nets nylon.

Not sure how well it would work to attract fish but if it's a clicking noise you are after, you can buy plastic dog training clickers for like 5 bucks on ebay. They work underwater and have a whistle.

People are going to think I’m kidding or exaggerating but this is a true story. Best fish ive seen in about the last month or two was a barracuda. Came in real close too. As I had gotten to the bottom it just so happened to be the time to let out a fart. He came in not 10-15 seconds after that

Reactions: Leander
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT