• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The 2018 Guernsey Specimen Hunt & social

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
So after months of dry calm weather, it looks like we will be searching for a sheltered bay again!
Most forecast are giving S - SW wind but, living on a small island you can never really tell until the day....

3289C28E-A3F9-41AF-B4BD-F353B3C77934.jpeg

Well today’s BBC updated forecast shows Saturday as quite a nice sunny day with 12mph wind from the SW and even Sunday looks ok but let’s see what the weather fox update says tonight as he seems to get a lot more accurate results than the rest....

We are back down to 19 competitors as Nic Wood ( our only lady diver) can longer make it.
Also we have had three cancellations for the Octopus but we still have 23 coming.

Friday evening, meet at the Terrace Café from 6.30pm. Food available to order.

Saturday dive, sign on from 9.30am (venue decided on Friday evening) Competition start time 10.30am. finish time & sign out, 1530pm.

Saturday evening. Octopus restaurant 730pm.

Sunday dive. sign on from 10am. (venue decided on Saturday evening) Competition start time 11.00. finish time & sign out, 16.00pm.

Please note that to participate in the competition, you must sign in & sign out on each day at the allotted times. However, you do not need to dive the full 5 hours & may enter & exit at any time between the allotted times.
For the benefit of those who cannot make the social events, the dive venues will be printed on this thread on the evening before the competition.

Sunday night prize giving & party. (bring what you like to drink)
This is when we eat our two days catch, announce the results & play didge.

The theme will be Scottish, please come suitably attired.

NB For those who have not attended a prize giving party before, it will most likely be, nothing like what you would expect

So Sunday evening.... 6.30pm till 10.30pm at my house.
If you need directions, just ask at the competition or social.
There will be a Scottish theme so please don’t hold back!
Partners welcome but please let me know so we can keep track of numbers.
I would ask if you could bring your own drink as you guys tend to be thirsty after two days of diving.
There will be food of course.

So Sunday evening.... 6.30pm till 10.30pm at my house.
If you need directions, just ask at the competition or social.
There will be a Scottish theme so please don’t hold back!
Partners welcome but please let me know so we can keep track of numbers.
I would ask if you could bring your own drink as you guys tend to be thirsty after two days of diving.
There will be food of course.
I'll bring my wife Charmaine along please, don't worry she's not a big eater but does like fish.

Fantastic Andy, your scallops are always a highlight of our meal and there are never any left!

Reactions: MacTulie25
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT