• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The 2018 Guernsey Specimen Hunt & social

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
They are not all for you!
Anyway, you will have to eat at least two mullet fillets before you can eat a single scallop... it is a new house rule. (Excluding me and any of my direct family members)

Ha ha, easy peasy, but it would really be no fun unless you took part, I could bring some mullet curry for you to try....guaranteed to convert!

Reactions: jerseymike
Dude, you need to put a toilet brush down your throat to expose some taste buds but if you are really keen and there are no reds caught, I might have some of last years pot bait in my frezzer.

We all know you have to take the local forecast with a pinch of salt but, the next two days show the SW wind building to 18mph but on Sat the wind drops down and on Sunday it shows light wind from the south.
We might get a West coast dive yet....

Reactions: jerseydan
Well, the first guys are here, we had Jen, Chris, Spaniard and family around for a pizza last night... Chris got to close to the
Rocket stove....
23E99A99-F0EA-47D0-A052-31887A8D47CE.jpeg

So gutted i cant make any of the socials all this talk of food is making me jelous !

Not on Facebook but according to the “Guernsey Boys” @jerseymike is already making all the excuses under the sun!
You haven’t lost yet Mike........ ;)
Not on Facebook but according to the “Guernsey Boys” @jerseymike is already making all the excuses under the sun!
You haven’t lost yet Mike........ ;)
Ha ha..your right ...our team collapsed laughing when we heard your claims of certain victory...causing Dan to put his back out...and me to get bronchitis but even though we may be two men down .ur up against the Jersey boys..three against five is good odds for us...so dont count on it just yet! looking fwd to pint or two. c u 2mos

ha ha...3minutes..i wish. Btw...dont count us out...its not over yet...we r all still game for a laugh and if we cant dive , may be up 4 some surface hunting ..either way..looking fwd to scaring a few fish and sharing a few beers

Looking forward to see all of you again!

Yes, sure it is possible but... you will have to contact every competitor in the next 24 hours and ask them if they are ok with that.

Why did you not make that suggestion months ago?

The set times are a compromise of my time, the dates and the tides.

Last year I spent all day at the venue, weighed, measured and recorded the catch, speed home, filleted large amounts of fish, put them on ice, ran into the shower, speed to the resteraunt and welcomed my guest with a smile!

I know the times are not ideal....but this 11 year old event is about spear-fishermen getting together and having fun, I have tried my best to put it together, I thought I gave everybody the opportunity to make suggestion along the way......

If you really think it is important to change the times, then I am fine with that, but I will need help from you to contact every competitor, I will also need help to prepare the catch.
Unfortunately I don’t have everybody’s phone number, so I don’t know how we can contact all the competitors ?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT