• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The British Freediving Championships in Dynamic and Static Apnea 2007

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Very true what you say sam about DB and other sights offering just what you would want from a magazine. That's actually a very good thing. :)

Magazines in general aren't the best place for news these days. Magazines need to fulfil a need for more in-depth articles and beautiful visual content. Surfing and skiing magazines are excellent examples of what is needed for a successful magazine.

There was always something exciting waiting for the postman to deliver Howards freediving mag. I've lost most of mine (made a few presents of them, leaving them in waiting rooms and given to friends etc) and would love to have a whole set back.

I only have 11,12,13,20,23,24,25 left.

Cash waiting for anybody with spare back copies.

Start a new thread for old Freediver mags??

I rang Apnea Spain and they sounded vaguely interested but told me I needed to speak to head office in France. My French is terrible and i'm not sure if the girl I spoke to said her Uncle had a big dog or whether I should call back on Monday??? Will try again on Monday!

Mine's a vodka Monkey Matt ;) ... oh, and should anything happen to you during your ducking and diving, please may I have your light and motion rig :D

Oooooh you little bugger, let's have a wrestle rofl My mission is to get them to agree to my terms, you lot need to agree to shell out once a quarter!

I wish! rofl Do you remember the nursery rhyme?

Doctor Foster went to Gloucester
in a shower of rain
he stepped in a puddle
right up to his middle
and never went there again

rofl

I rang Apnea Spain and they sounded vaguely interested but told me I needed to speak to head office in France. My French is terrible and i'm not sure if the girl I spoke to said her Uncle had a big dog or whether I should call back on Monday??? Will try again on Monday!

I speak french if you need any help...

Magazines in general aren't the best place for news these days. Magazines need to fulfil a need for more in-depth articles and beautiful visual content. Surfing and skiing magazines are excellent examples of what is needed for a successful magazine.

Or you could use another angle... target the market you want and go for that one... see attached.

Attachments

• WH&Fdovera.JPG
    WH&Fdovera.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 145
  • WH&F01a.JPG
    WH&F01a.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 172
  • WH&F04a.JPG
    WH&F04a.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 169
I've always dreamed of writing for a magazine like Surfer's Journal The Surfer's Journal which is probably super expensive to produce and depends on the very large surfing and surfing lifestyle to sell copies. They seem to be here to stay, though. It's almost like buying a book! The articles and photos are the best.

I believe they are quarterly most of the time.

I have lots of cool article ideas for something like that.

Or you could use another angle... target the market you want and go for that one... see attached.

That's great! What a good little article. This kind of media is especially good to get people interested in freediving, since most knowledgeable freedivers already know where to go to get information.

Last edited:
That's great! What a good little artical. This kind of media is especially good to get people interested in freediving, since most knowledgeable freedivers already know where to go to get information.

Thanks Alix. Already had a couple of phone calls as well :) The Editor of the mag saw my car which has divasindubai and scuba instruction for ladies only painted all over it.. so she rang me and it started from there :) We all have to keep pushing together :)

Thanks Alix. Already had a couple of phone calls as well :) The Editor of the mag saw my car which has divasindubai and scuba instruction for ladies only painted all over it.. so she rang me and it started from there :) We all have to keep pushing together :)

:D "um hi, is this your car? Can I do an article on you?"

Last edited:
Reactions: island_sands
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT